Front door popper solenoid placement help needed? Please re-read new info!!

Started by johns2000, 2018-08-27 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

Anyone here that can give me some good ideas on solenoid placement for shaved doors would be greatly appreciated. Also what part of the old lock mechanism was removed if any? Do most disable the inside handle mechanism because the spring is so strong? I have good solenoids for heavy doors but they don't want to pull open the latch with inside handle arm attached, unattached they work like crazy good but that would mean using the fob to open doors to get out as well as in??

thanks

ragtop

do you have photos of the parts I have put door solenoids on 4 or 5 cars had  to use a cable  wheel from a 10 speed bike the solenoid was mounted on door bottom on latch side with cable up to latch over the wheel at top of latch had to weld a bracket to hold it and cable went over it to latch lever at vary top for best leverage I don't have a car with shaved doors now so cant take photos of one to show never had to remove parts to make work just out side handle

johns2000

Thanks, i don't really have to remove parts but leaving the inside release lever that attaches to inside door handle and lock mechanism has a really stiff spring that makes it hard for the solenoid. Without the inside handle hooked up no problems.

ragtop

all of mine work fine with inside handle in place only problem I had was new weather strips wood take 2 or 3 times hitting the button to pop open for about a month or so but I always took the vent window lock spring out so I had a way in because  I had one of my cars with trunk and doors done and battery went bad and hood shut had to brake glass to get in I was at a show and just shut hood to go