News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

door jam wire routing

Started by Allen, 2018-09-07 12:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen

I'm putting power windows and door locks in my 2 dr HT and looking at options as to where to route the wires.  Ford must have had some cleaver way of doing this.  My best guess is to attach the wires to the top hinge and clearance the body a bit since the hinge gets pretty close when shutting the door.

RICH MUISE

Just one option.....I used wireless contacts. Zero problems in 2+ years, looks neat.Only downside is the door has to be closed to function. LOL.last year when I dropped my car off for an alignment, when I picked it up, he said "I hope I didn't break something, I know your window was working when I pulled it in, but I couldn't get it to go back up when I parked it."
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

search on 'door jam looms'...you'll find all kinds of solutions

thomasso

Or You could get the door jamb wire guides that Ford used probably for several years on power window cars.  Parts # basic 20770.  I'll try to post pictures.  I am computer inept.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

SkylinerRon

Those 20770 tin shields work very well and are easy to fab.
Check them out at a car show or junkyard. 1957-63 front door shields are the same.
Goodluck,
Ron.

cokefirst

The shields are not that easy to find.  I spent about 6 months looking for one on my 57 Skyliner, I found one on an early 60's Mercury at Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix.  they work well and keep the wires from flexing each time the door is opened. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

dgasman

Not too hard to find . You can find them on 58-60 tbirds . More tbirds had power windows than passenger cars , also the front power window regulators are the same on both cars .
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: dgasman on 2018-09-10 18:51
Not too hard to find . You can find them on 58-60 tbirds . More tbirds had power windows than passenger cars , also the front power window regulators are the same on both cars .

and both my 62 Bird and 65 Bird had them.

here ya go....

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/dyndetail.pta?catalog=0000030b&uKeY=AABWN

go to their search and look at door jam.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Allen

Thank guys, I don't know how we functioned without these forums.

cokefirst

Yes, the Thunderbird had the wire shield, but they are not the same.  It may be possible to modify them to fit, but it is not the same part. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed