News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Fairlane Clutch and Brake Pedal Assembly Schematic

Started by 69supercj, 2018-09-16 12:43

Previous topic - Next topic

69supercj

Does anyone out there have a schematic or know where I can find out the proper assembly of a 57 clutch and brake pedal assembly? I've got several pieces and parts and I need to know how they go together. Also, are the plastic bushings that the brake pedal ride on available, mine are in pieces. Thanks for the help!!

Ray

See page 38 of the current 1949 to 1959 Concours Parts (Carson City, NV (800)722-0009)catalog for the breakdown. They supply the bushings as well.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

69supercj

Appreciate the info but I can't make out the details. I'm trying to figure out where the wave washers were used and in what order were the bushing and washers put on the shaft of the clutch pedal.

Tom S

Quote from: 69supercj on 2018-09-16 22:21
Appreciate the info but I can't make out the details. I'm trying to figure out where the wave washers were used and in what order were the bushing and washers put on the shaft of the clutch pedal.
http://concoursparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/49-59-car-2017.pdf

Tom S

Looks like there might be one wave washer.  Maybe/maybe not.  Don't know why there would be any or what one would be doing there.
I have to do the same thing, convert from an auto trans.

Ray

See the following attachment. The Ford illustration shows a 358982 nylon washer at the pedal end of the shaft, an un-identified washer which I assume is another nylon washer at the clip end with a 358981 spring washer between the nylon and the clip.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird