News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

spare tire retainer

Started by Smooth150, 2018-09-30 07:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth150

Looking for cup piece that goes on rim and held in with the wingnut and hold down bolt if anybody has one

RICH MUISE

I remember using the bottom of the jack for that..............not sure if that's the way it was suppose to be used or not. Makes sense to me.....one less part needed. Somebody probably has a decal. Hmmm, got me curious now, gonna have to look for a trunk decal in the distributor's catalogs.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Rich, there was a good picture from Jon Viera's car
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Thanks, Jim. I guess with John's car, I don't have to wonder if that was original design. I did go to the classiccars.com website and look at trunk decals. The '57/58 decal was too small to see or read, but oddly enough, other Ford decals that I could make out  showed the jack base being used where the disc is on John's.

hiball3985

Interesting Rich, I've only seen and remember the disc set up but like so many other things there could have been variations..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I found the '57 decal at concours very clear, and exactly like John's setup. I think it was the '58 Edsel I decal I was looking at that showed the jack base being used.

lalessi1

The drawings that I have show a part that is not the cup style that is on Viera's car. The jack base has a slot in it that fits over the metal bracket on the trunk floor. I found mine on ebay?. I have a part number somewhere....
Lynn

lalessi1

The drawing I used is on the forum in the Technical Drawings section, part BAC 1446

I did find a repop that at one time was available from Concours? B5A-1446-A. It is in the printed catalog but not online.
Lynn

thomasso

The one shown in lalessi1 post is correct as came in my car.  Cup type would not have the correct angle.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Ray

Concours Parts has the correct one, B5A-1446 A. (800) 722-0009
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

jviera

lalessi1 you and thomasso are correct the one I have is just temporary I haven't been able to find the right one that you guys have, may be next week at Hershey. Sorry to mislead anyone on that. John V

Smooth150

That part has been discontinued from concourse try to get 2months ago I don't believe anyone makes it

lalessi1

I bought mine on eBay, I looked for quite a while. It is actually for a Lincoln but it is the same as far as I can tell.
Lynn