News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Number eight.

Started by jumping jack flash, 2018-12-31 00:28

Previous topic - Next topic

jumping jack flash

I've been away for a while. Life happens, ya know.Anyway, while I was out I tried to keep up with 57 action with my phone. I came across a posting of a 57 that had been drug out of a barn about 40 miles from my town. The posting was from a restoration shop in San Antonio. It was an old posting. I was in the area at a later date and I knew exactly where the shop was. I dropped by just to see the progress on the barn find.It was setting between 2 buildings with a pile of spare parts in the back of it.Untouched.I looked it over, I told myself you don't need another one , but this one is really clean. I asked the owner about it and he said he got it as a father - son project, but his son was never interested.I asked if his son was a 4x4 kinda guy. He looked at me as if I was a mind reader and said " what you got?" I said a 68 Bronco. It is rough though. I never really wanted to pour money into it, so I beat myself up a little and made the trade.Everyone is happy. The 57 ? It runs, has brakes, and needs very little body work.Further investigation shows it to have belonged to a guy here in San Marcos (his father), and it got put in that barn in 1972.The guy I got number 7 from wants to buy back that one. Everyone is happy.

Ecode70D

Sounds like you found a nice one.   Don't forget that we like pictures.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2018-12-31 21:38
Sounds like you found a nice one.   Don't forget that we like pictures.

YUP!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

jumping jack flash

Right guys. It is a pretty nice one. I wish my first one was this nice.My wife actually found this one, and another that is a parts car. She found it by typing in Barn find 57 Ranchero, TX.....The company that had it is Renown  auto restoration. I need to figure out the picture posting process. Don't we all? I have so few complaints about this one. The worst thing about it is the holes drilled for a tonneau cover. Drilled but never had any screws inserted. Was pleasantly surprised when I crawled under it and spotted a cleanly scraped underside and new body mounts.Has had a right side quarter replaced, but not a real good job.It will be an easy fix.