News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

REALLY REALLY bad day today.

Started by RICH MUISE, 2019-03-05 17:40

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Mine's more than an inch. Glad you brought that up,Jim. I may have a look to see how much work to move it in some as long as I can do it with existing hoses and fittings.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-07-07 08:30
Mine's more than an inch. Glad you brought that up,Jim. I may have a look to see how much work to move it in some as long as I can do it with existing hoses and fittings.
I'm sure you can research that somewhere, I'm just going from what I barely remember from 1990.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

fdlrc

If I recall Vintage Air wanted mine with about .5" clearance.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

hiball3985

Quote from: fdlrc on 2019-07-07 13:48
If I recall Vintage Air wanted mine with about .5" clearance.
Thats more accurate then my memory, I went out today and measured mine and it is at .5".
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Rained most everywhere around here Saturday, cleared up Sunday. Told my wife I was going to take the '57 out for a run to Russell's truck stop on I40 just over the state line in NM. Also told her if the car checked out ok when I got there, I might keep going. Ended up doing 730 miles. Did the trip to Santa Fe I missed on the 4th, and Taos and Red River. For the most part everything went well, and the issues I primarily had I think I can chaulk up to the computer still learning. Ran pretty much at 200* + or-, the whole time. One of the computer issues involved how the car ran at altitude. When I first started in the 7000 ft level, it was bogging down pretty bad. The car use to love high altitude. After about 1 1/2 hours of up and down big hills, it finally started running like it use to in the mountains. Another issue was gas mileage. First tank was about 20 mpg, but second tank was up to 24.

a report on 2.5 turn Rack versus the new 3 turn rack I replaced it with. If you're deciding on which to get as a replacement, I would decide based on the type of driving you do. The 2.5 is a little better in city, parking,, etc etc, but the car is more stable on the highway at 80mph with the 3 turn rack. I'm sure I've mentioned in the past how bad I thought the car handled on a windy day, or when a semi passed. It's only been one trip, but I believe that might have been the more touchy 2.5 turn rack that was causing that at high speeds.

RICH MUISE

finally a few pics. My added switch and LED for the cooling fan, and the best part......my road trip. I think this pic was going north on hwy 84 off I40 just west of Santa Rosa, headed towards Las Vegas, NM

hiball3985

Awesome Rich! I hope all the problems are behind you now and you can enjoy the road trips..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Thanks Jim........she's been good so far. Had one lifter I could hear ticking a little, but went away on this trip.
I'm going to have to miss my annual Thin Air Nationals in Colorado on the 20th. No money! This was a must do trip. Left with a bag of food and a credit card for gas. Spent 1.80 for a cup of coffee, lol.

Ford Blue blood

You sound happy!  So glad it is all coming together.  What's those two funny things poking up in the front?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

On July 4th weekend they were flagpoles.

djfordmanjack

Rich is just pretending he now owns a SBC. those 2 things in front are just the lookalike hoodtrims of the other 57 brand. we cannot blame him after all he's through. Anyways, blue blood forever now !  :002:

fdlrc

Ha, I was thinking Texas Long Horns, because we all know everything is big in Texas :us-texas:.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Tom S

Quote from: fdlrc on 2019-07-12 20:02Ha, I was thinking Texas Long Horns, because we all know everything is big in Texas :us-texas:.
The way politics are going up here we might end up cutting Alaska in two.  That would make Texas the third largest state.   :003:

Thor

Rich,
Its really great to hear that your back on the road and the car is running great! I hate to say it...but i completely get the "No Money" part... :-\ 

terry_208

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2019-07-12 18:46
You sound happy!  So glad it is all coming together.  What's those two funny things poking up in the front?

I thought those were aiming points, sort of like sights.
Terry