News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford Courier

Started by thomasso, 2019-06-08 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasso

Can anyone tell the story of 1957 Couriers.  This one says U S Govt on door jam.  Its light grey, maybe Border Patrol Or Navy?  Has side windows and a courier tailgate.  Found in northern Montana.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Lou

At what assembly plant was your Courier built?

thomasso

Its a friends car.  I'll try and get details from the data plate within the next few days.  Tom
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Tom S

Quote from: thomasso on 2019-06-10 23:04
Its a friends car.  I'll try and get details from the data plate within the next few days.  Tom
Please get some pix too.

djfordmanjack

I remember that one of these was on ebay a few years ago. I also found some vintage pics with Couriers with side glass. I need to dig into my files.

thomasso

Finally got pictures of my friends rat rod Courier.  And then I lost the notes.  Hope you can read the data plate.  You can barely read US GOVERNMENT on R door outer.  It was made in San Diego.  Only rusted in lower frt. fenders.  Sorry to say the car now has a Fat Man front a 4 link rear Ron Francis wire AC. PS. PB. ETC Etc and the wrong modified small block.  He the owner has done extensive research with no definite answers.  Car is for sale

Tom S

Just by chance I ran across this ad for it with several pix but no price.
http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/ford/301466-1957-ford-courier-windowed.html
Wrong modified small block?  He says & the ad shows a 429.

thomasso

It has a small block Chevy now. Seems the 429 was too hard to fit with the Fat Man front end.  You can contact him with questions.

djfordmanjack

Some guys simply should not be allowed to play with 57 Fords ! :003:

Quote from: thomasso on 2019-06-20 07:38
It has a small block Chevy now.

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

thomasso

He also has a Sunliner.  Was going to big block Chevy it. I offered to give him a good 460 if he didn't.  He accepted my offer, at least it has a proper engine.  Much modified.

Lou

Data plate says courier left factory with non-factory paint. 83 in production says it was built for the Government. (I'm wiling to bet Navy)

Southern New England Telephone Company here in Connecticut had several like this and a big fleet with only a rear side window on the right side.