News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane Original Gray

Started by chapingo17, 2019-06-21 13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

chapingo17

I'm in the process of getting the right color code (gray) for the air filter and accessories and I'm not exactly sure if the front splash is the same color. I was able to find the right color code for the body not sure about the gray. Tanks in advance.   

Lou

Color is Argent (I think I spelled that right), front pan is same color.

chapingo17

Yes is Gray Argent does any one where to find it? What about the color code?

lalessi1

Eastwood has a Ford Silver Argent, I think it is the same?
Lynn

Swank

I used rattle can Rusto' aluminium #7515.   Air cleaner came out alright so far, ...also did the tail light buckets.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

rmk57

Ford still sells it under the Motorcraft brand. Not sure it would be the exact same tint from 62 years ago. VHT and Duplicolor also list it as argent, which translates to silver in french.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

lalessi1

I used a GM Duplicolor paint on my front splash pan. I matched it to the underside which was still original. I have since found the VHT paint at O'Rielly's. It matches pretty close check out the cap next to the seat bottom trim (original paint). It is high temp wheel paint.
Lynn

chapingo17

What about for the front splash guard. Is it the same gray?

RICH MUISE

Eric...yes, Argent silver on the splash pan as well.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

chapingo17

SkylinerRon

Ford just discontinued the Argent spray cans (D7AZ-19000-A). Seymore sells the closest match now.

Air cleaner, Power Steering pump and front splash pan. Also good for the back side of bumpers.

Ron.