News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Replying to a Post and Attaching Photos

Started by Lgcustom, 2019-08-17 15:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Lgcustom

I've been trying to reply to a post in the Wanted section and am adding photos. But my posts are not showing up. I'm pretty sure I've done this before without problems. Is there a glitch or is it me?

RICH MUISE

Try just posting the text....if that works, and I assume it will, then your pics are too large. 4k total max, 4 pic max
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lgcustom

Thanks Rich. Resizing the photo fixed the problem.

57imposter

I think the problem is with the resolution of the IPhone10. I can't pose even one picture and there seems to be no way to reduce he resolution of the camera. I thin I have to download some app that will reduce resolution on the computer. A little high techie for me.

RICH MUISE

The resolution on iphones is too high. I need to spend some time learning a quick way to transfer pics to my computer. Right now I'm selecting photos and emailing them to me, then having to transfer them to another folder. Takes some time for just a few pics, mainly because I do it so infrequently now, I always have to refigure out how to do the transfer from email to storage folder that I can find.
With that said, Doug, you should already have a program on your computer that will resize quick and easy. Once you have the photo found that you want to post, right click on it and open with "paint" from the menu that comes up with the right click. Look at the top left corner and you'll see the resize button..from there just follow on thru. Make sure you save or save-as before you close the paint window.

Tom S

Yes, like Rich says that is one way to do it.  'Paint' aka mspaint that is on most PCs. Type in mspaint in the start menu where it says 'search programs & files' to find it. IMO there are better ways though.
I've posted several times here about one of the free photo programs I've used for decades.  There are others like it.
See here.
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7304.msg67227#msg67227

lalessi1

What I do is email the photos from my iPhone to my computer...it asks me what size to send so I send a "medium".
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Months ago I saw an article on a photo retrieving thumb drive. It was one of those "what's new in electronics on the market" sponsored articles. Supposedly you could attach it to  devices and it would automatically search for and download/sort pics. I was going to look into it to make sure it worked on iphones and could be used to transfer as we've been talking about. I think if I remember there were different versions available depending on what device you wanted it for, and there was one that had the iphone size connector. Price wise, I think they started about 60ish and went up from there depending on storage size. It wouldn't make sense otherwise, that is, it wouldn't make sense to download pics to a thumb drive if you couldn't retrieve them, but I wanted to make sure before I shelled out the bucks. I'm thinking one end had the  usb connector. I should try and find it again. The iphone take good enough pics I don't lug my full size cannon around most the time any more.