News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Convertible Roof

Started by oldgasser, 2019-08-19 17:03

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgasser

Need help or photo on how the boot bag is fastened to the back of the rear seat frame?
Thank in advance for your time.
Ron ( Oldgasser)

thomasso

Ron;  Looked at mine, its been a long time. Can't see much.  So I searched  the parts book and the service manual to no avail. Finally found a page in the green assy manual. Page 7-354.  Very small printing.  It shows the sewn in cord and the sewn in cord of the bulkhead top cover being pushed in the slot at the rear of the bulkhead together.  The top cover vinyl piece is rolled over top and cemented. My drain hole location wasn't marked. Don't make the hole until boot well is fully installed.  mine has two holes.  I would try to send a photo of the page but the printing is magnifing glass small.  Hope this helps.  Tom.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

oldgasser

Tom thank I will check out the page you indicated.
You mentioned a drain can you tell me where I can purchase the drain/screen?
Cheers Ron.

thomasso

Ron;  I cant remember if mine came somewhere in the unmarked boxes of parts or if I fabricated it.  Its basically just a flanged 3/8" inch steel tube.  Two medium dia. washers, 1 on top and other on bottom and glued in the properly located punched hole.  There is a hole in the trunk floor hump for the drain hose, 3/8 thin wall plastic tubing.  I'll try to attach a couple of pictures.  Tom.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.