News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Aerostar Springs

Started by rovohn, 2019-08-22 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

rovohn

I'm planning on doing the Aerostar Swap but there are some AC Delco 45H1046 springs from Rock Auto $30 cheaper than the Moog CC850.
Has anyone used them instead?
Cheers,John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

lalessi1

I bought my Moog springs from Rock Auto. I had to buy spring spacers to raise the car because it was so low it had very little suspension travel. I looked at the specs for the AC Delco springs they show a "compressed" length of 10", the Moog springs have an "installed" length of 8.75".... a little confusing. I would be very tempted to use the Delco springs. The spring rates are confusing as well. 
Lynn

65kcode

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2019-08-23 09:09
I bought my Moog springs from Rock Auto. I had to buy spring spacers to raise the car because it was so low it had very little suspension travel. I looked at the specs for the AC Delco springs they show a "compressed" length of 10", the Moog springs have an "installed" length of 8.75".... a little confusing. I would be very tempted to use the Delco springs. The spring rates are confusing as well.

Do you have a part number and what thickness did you use on the spacer?

Del WINDSOR

I just installed a set of 2 inch lowering springs in my Del from Eaton Detroit spring Co   phone  313 963 3839  worked great excellent ride worth the cost 265.00 American  made

abe_lugo

I actually bought those Delco springs. I have not had the chance to install them. Maybe in the next couple weeks.  I need to get the steering column shifting sorted out first. Also need to buy the final size tire gonna use to make sure that it doesn't get too low.

I can give you the non compressed size.  It's 11.5"

I'm going to be running 8.00-14.  On steel wheels.

The fenderlip to wheel center front is roughly 13.00-13.125"
Currently it has. 215/70r14 about 25.9" diameter  and a a coil or two was cut on the front.
  It about 7" clearance at the front crossmember.  That will be checking point when I put them in.  I also bought the energy insulators in case it need to to be raised.  But one I found we only in the .875" thickness.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008