News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Car Show Yesterday

Started by 57AGIN, 2008-08-18 17:19

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Went to a pretty nice car show yesterday.  As usual there were plenty of the tri-fives among the 300 plus cars at the show. 

We only fielded three 57 Fords at this show.  Bill Sawyer showed up with his exceptional Skyliner, the blue/white one that was on display last year at the Peterson Automotive Museum.  Bill has three of the Skyliners two 57's and one 58.  He is recognized out here as one of the guru's of rectractables.  He has shown his red/white 57 at most of the car shows he attends and the 58 is used primarily for parade exhibitions.

Wally Cotton brought his really nice looking mildly customized Custom 300 (nice black paint with some tastefull done scallops, outside the rear quarter panels chrome exhaust pipes, tuck & roll upholstery, 45 RPM record player & 8-track tape player, Appleton spot lights, 57 Dodge Lancer hubcaps, and the front wheel wells tuck & rolled).  I tried to get some pictures of Wally's Custom, but my camera fizzled. 

My surfboard toting Custom 300 rounded out the 57 Fords at the show.  Surprised the heck out of me when my name was called out to receive one of the shows trophy's.  Sure would like to know what the judging criteria was, as mine is most definitely a driver rather that a show car.

Bob
57AGIN