News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I LOST MY BEST FRIEND LAST NIGHT....

Started by CobraJoe, 2019-09-11 19:15

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

THOUGHT I POSTED THIS EARLIER THIS MORNING, APPARENTLY I FORGOT TO HIT POST.[/b]

Forgive me, but it's been a long sleepless night; The man I had worked side by side with for over 40 years passed away early this morning.

I had worked with my Dad, every day since I little kid; going on the truck with him and making deliveries in the summertime and working in the warehouse after school. When we closed our 67 year old family business about 4 years ago, I took a job in the public sector. I went from seeing him everyday, to seeing him once a week and on holidays. I had breakfast with him Saturday morning and we parted ways saying we'd see each other in a week...

A little after midnight I got the call from my sister stating that my mother had called her and that the ambulance was on the way to the house for my Dad. While I was on the highway, she called back and said that it was too late...

He was 87 years young, and he was an active, not frail person, who still drove and went out everyday and he probably could still kick my ass if I got out of line.

He was going to be 88 in two weeks, and he will be missed. 
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Marc

Very sorry for your loss Joe. It's so tough losing a parent. My dad passed seven years ago and I still think about him every day.

hiball3985

My condolences. It's always one of the hardest things in life we have to deal with. I lost both mom and dad in the last two years..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

jviera

Joe,  To you and the family I'm very sorry for your loss of your Father.  J Viera

mustang6984

Joe...sorry for your loss. I was in your shoes 11 years and 11 days ago. Condolences sir. I found that remembering the good times...helped to get through the one bad time. I am certain he knew how much you appreciated him...and that...is the most important thing he could take with him.

Prayers for you and the family.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Terry

Swank

-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

RICH MUISE

I'm so sorry for your loss, Joe. It's really hard to take when it happens so unexpectedly, the good thing is it sure sounds like he was healthy right up to the end. That's the way to go out, most of us won't be that fortunate.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

hemidave

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Joe! My father passed before my mother, and I'll never forget that night and week that followed. Now I think of all the great memories we had, and often wonder what his particular day was like at my age throughout the following years.
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

Ecode70D

WOW JOE!
      This is very sad news to hear.   I never got to meet your dad, but the way that you talked about him, he was the picture of good health.  You mentioned several times to me how you always meet him for breakfast and how he does his own driving.  At 87, it is a real blessing to have still been able to walk around, do things and still be able to drive himself wherever he wanted to go. I'm saying lots of prayers for you, your mom, and all of your family.  Jay Arrow

cokefirst

My deepest condolences.  I lost my dad in 2005, there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss him.  It sounds like you and your dad had a special relationship also. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

djfordmanjack

Deepest condolences Joe. From your stories we can hear how much you loved and appreciated your father. It is great to hear about that and those memories will never go away ! you were blessed by such a great father!

CobraJoe

Thank you all, very much appreciated.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

lalessi1

I spoke to my dad one evening and we planned our next day. He died unexpectedly that night. I felt totally alone for the first time. My heart goes out to you and your family. It will get better.
Lynn