News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I need help identifying this Bumper Jack

Started by KYBlueOval, 2019-10-18 13:21

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I recently acquired a '57 Ranchero parts car. I found this Bumper Jack in the Ranchero, and "assumed" it was for a '57 Ford. I contacted a well known '57 expert to confirm it was a '57 Ford jack and was told it is not.  The most unusual part of this jack, is the piece that hooks onto the bumper. You'll see in the photos that it has two pivot points. On the side of this piece you'll see "Front" and "Rear" stamped next to the pivot points. I enhanced the stampings so you could see them better.
Can the Forum help me identify what I have.
Here are the measurements:
Thanks
John

Base 8' X 6"
Lug Wrench/Jack Handle 21"
Jack 34"
Bumper Attachment   10 3/4"
Disc  3 1/4" in Diameter
Wing Nut 5 1/2"
Hook    71/2" Long   1/2" Diamete

thomasso

Definetely  not 57 as none used the detachable hook.  The 57 parts book has pictures and stamped nos. of several bases used.  Later model parts books may show pictures also.  Tom.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Oldmics

There may be some letters on the base. If there are could you post them up?

Thanks,Oldmics

terry_208

Terry

KYBlueOval

I can not find any markings on the base.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: terry_208 on 2019-10-18 16:07
IIRC my 65 had a similar jack.
The fella that told me it was not a '57 Jack, also thought it was a mid 60's Ford Jack, but wasn't positive.

Ford Blue blood

Looks a lot like the one that was in my 63 1/2 Galaxie......but it has been a couple of days since I owned it......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

This is just my opinion.   Bumper jacks are OK for display purposes.  They can cause a lot of damage to a nice bumper.  Mine stays in the trunk.  Hydraulic or scissor jacks under the car with blocks or stands work a lot better. 
      It is kinda nice when we can find all of the original pieces for our 57's though.