News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

64 galixy XL seats

Started by alvin stadel, 2019-11-21 09:18

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Gary [aka gasman]  I think I remember you using 64 65 T-Bird seats in the custom you built, I know the fronts and council well work in the front but did you have to cut the back seats down to make them fit. I would like to use these in the 57 retractable I'm building.  Thanks,  By the way are you driving that car, never seen any finished pictures.  Take care, Alvin

gasman826

Three + years in upholstery jail.  I just signed up for someone else to finish it.  The '57 Custom has a complete '65 Bird interior except the front seats...they are '63 Bird which are smaller than the '64-66 Bird.  They are much like the '64 Galaxie XL buckets.  The dash is a lot of work.  The console needs to be longer.  The rear seat bottom and back cushions would have fit without modifications.  But, I modified the bottom cushion frame due to the wheel tub widening.  If the Skyliner is like the other Fairlanes, there is a vertical support that runs between the 'B' pillars.  The bottom seat cushion sets on top the that support so the spring frame may need some mods.  Using the Thunderbird seats has a plus with the availability of formed foam, seat covers, and some of the hardware being available.

alvin stadel

Thanks Gary, winter is upon us now, but hope you can be driving it next spring.  take  care, Alvin

SkylinerRon

Retract back seats are different than regular 57 Fords. The backs are thinner and set more vertical.

Ron.