News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wiper knob

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2020-01-17 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

OK, bought a new wiper knob when I made the last big purchase of stuff.  Put it away so it would not get lost.  Well it is in a "safe" place, I know it will never be thrown out by mistake because it is still "safe"!  It just gals me to no end that it will cost almost twice the cost of the knob in shipping and I don't have anything else to order for the Ranchero!

So, if anybody is placing an order I would be more then happy if you could order one and I'll pay you for it and mailing it to me or if you have in the parts locker I'd be glad to pay you for it and the shipping.

Thanks guys, Bill

p.s.  This is the fourth item I have in "safe" storage.  Might be a treasure trove before I'm done!:<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ford Blue blood

That's it, don't need to be pristine as long as the set screw still works and holds.  I put the wipe control facing down next to the steering column.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

lalessi1

The original wiper control was a cable, right? I thought the knob was bonded or pressed on? I put an electric switch on mine and the knob that came with it had a set screw. If the original cable knob had a set screw, I have the cable control for the vacuum wiper with the knob still on it. I will look for it. The knob on the cable does not have the chrome insert though.
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

The replacement had a set screw, just been too long ago since I took the cable out of the car.  The original was toasted because of sitting outside for so many years.  It does not need the chrome piece since it will point down and no one will be able to see it is missing.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

lalessi1

I will see if I can find the one (I think I have) today.
Lynn

lalessi1

I found it and it has a set screw and the chrome insert and it is great shape. PM me your address and I will get it out to you Monday. Yours for the postage.
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

Excellent!  Thank you, PM sent back at ya, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

lalessi1

Went to the post office today... duh... MLK day...
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

Yup me too!  Went over to drop a couple of bills in (don't like putting them in the mail box as I can't see it) and there was no body home.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Lynn got it today, thanks much, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500