News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Any CTCI members

Started by hemidave, 2020-01-26 12:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hemidave

Are any of you also CTCI members ? The factory invoices were given to an outside vendor, and I wanted to get in contact with that outfit to see if they were making any progress in having our '57 Ford passenger car invoices available yet.
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

Ray

I am a former member. I left and eventually sold that last of my t-birds to a friend, an "H" color code supercharged t-bird. The politics of the organization eventually convinced me to move on. That said I still have friends in the organization. The invoices were originally saved from destruction by Lois Emmenger  who was working at Ford at the time. They were "gate release" copies of the original shipping documents. She discovered that Ford was destroying them and went to management and got permission to save the last part of 1956 and all of 1957 for club purposes. It should be noted that all 1955 to 1957 t-birds were manufactured at Detroit. Also, all phase two supercharged cars were manufactured there as well. That said, the information I currently have is that TARTC (the Detroit t-bird club) has all the remaining invoices. If you contact them, they should be able to help. When Lois obtained this information, they sorted them into t-bird and performance based passenger cars. They missed a few. I have 3 t-bird blower invoices that are not on the list. Also, for those not aware the Phase One race cars were manufactured in four plants on or about January 25. One of the convertibles sent to the race teams is in the possession of Jack Anderson in Dallas. The first to be found.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

cokefirst

I am a long time CTCI member, having joined the organization in 1970.  The Dearborn chapter of the club no longer handles the invoice sales.  They have been transferred to the CTCI office in Kansas City, MO.  The cost of the invoices is $50 (California residents pay sales tax).  You must be a member of CTCI and show proof on ownership to purchase a copy of the invoice.  You will receive the retained copy that Ford kept.  If that has been sold to a previous owner, you will get a photocopy of that invoice, since they copied and saved the information on the invoices they sold.  They have the late 1955 After invoice 232214. 

They also have all of the 1956 and 1957 model year invoices.  They only have them from the Dearborn plant.  At one time they had all the invoices including other models that were produced in Dearborn.  The International Ford Retractable Club had invoices for many of the 1957 Skyliners that were produced at that plant.  I am not sure if they saved any of the other models, but they did have them at one time. 

1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

hemidave

Well, wish me luck. I asked the secretary of CTCI again about getting an invoice copy for my "F"  '57. She said there should be no problem, although last time I requested one( 2018 or 2019}  they said they were not ready yet to do passenger cars again. I gathered all the info {rubbings, pictures, title copy ) and sent them in.
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.