News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Not mine, but wish it were!!

Started by Wirenut, 2020-01-28 05:58

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

The builder should have could have ponied up another 4-5k for a 557 Kaase Boss 429. it would certainly have more interest in potential buyers, not to mention the added feature of leaving the hood up at a car show without the rolling eyes from the Ford faithful. Probably get closer to the asking price to boot.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Quote from: thumper on 2020-01-31 10:40
Well-----I looked at the pics and read everyone's comments, so, as an oldtimer ( 81 this April ) And a 57 lover. With no argument this is a beautiful car, judgment being made without seeing the whole car, I really do not understand what market this would appeal to? Especially when the asking price is what it is. To me, the builder was not thinking too clearly about who a customer might be. I agree with the comments pertaining to the cost of parts and labor, however, if this is being done for re-sale some thought should be given to the buyer of the product, in this case a 57 Ford lover would be totally turned off when they opened the hood and saw the Bow-Tie and other items. As it sits, 40K/45K. If a true 57, 80K/90K

:003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Not a fan of the car considering the engine. The car is listed on eBay with a BUNCH of pictures, it is very nice but not to my tastes. The engine is listed for $16K and I think I could build an aluminum 427 FE stroker motor for under $20K. My 462 FE cost under $10K to build.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-Ford-Other-OVER-240-000-SPENT-ZZ572-4L85E-Gabe-Lopez-leather/352937866695?hash=item522cbc75c7:g:D~MAAOSwWbReImkR

Lynn

RICH MUISE

I looked at all the pics on the ebay ad............wow, it sure suits my tastes. This may be the only mid-50's or newer Ford with a Chevy engine that I've ever seen that I'd have to agree with Les and wouldn't mind driving it all all. With this car I could get over my Chevy-in-a-Ford phobia in a hurry. But, I guess if I could afford it, I guess I could also afford to change it over to a 427 sohc, then it would be perfect. I don't think I could drive it as much I do mine though, so there would always be that conflict.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

I'd rather have something like this. A little rough around the edges and well, who needs a hood anyways....

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-01-31 20:08
  I'd rather have something like this. A little rough around the edges and well, who needs a hood anyways....

Now THAT...I would roll a couple of drug dealers for their cash...and go buy it!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Norwell

That SOHC 57 is cool..... but... it can only do one thing.. straight line fast and a short distance..... do I like it?... hell yea... I love it!
Otherwise its on a trailer from show to show..... no offence to anyone,... been there, and done that.I personally love driving my cars for long distance... and all my cars have been made to do so in the last 6-8 years.
The 57 with the BBC is not for me.... I have seen before and while the workmanship is outstanding...... it's like taking an easy way out.I prefer vintage stuff and while I respect the work... it should have had a Ford.But hey... just my thoughts.

It's funny... the magic line is 1955 and above for keeping the original power plant or Original Companys driveline in it.
I can certainly love a 49 shoebox with a Big Early Caddy, but a 56 Ford with a nailhead is all wrong.
But again,... just my taste... and godbless the freedom of choice.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Exactly what I was thinking yesterday, Jeff....right to the years. I have no idea why, just seems like anything after 54 should have a Ford in it. Even 52-54 is kinda iffy, but as you said, a shoebox, or older, with a Caddy, Olds, Hemi,..... is alright in my book.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

you have a point there boys. Is it maybe because in 1955 the Y block really got rid of its 54 weaklings attributes and became a strong and reliable engine for the time, that did not need to be replaced that often in the early days.

Ecode70D

It sure was nice reading about this car with the off shore engine.   Problem is that I couldn't open the thread without joining something
called face book, whatever that is.  I ain't joining nuthin! 
     Can someone post a picture of it? 

hiball3985

There is nothing 57 Ford about it except the sheet metal. You could put a 49 Willys Jeep body on it and call it the worlds finest Jeep. Just my opinion and I'll get out of here before the rocks get thrown
  :006::burnout:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2020-02-16 08:57
Try this link...

https://www.streetdreamstexas.com/vehicles/604/1957-ford-custom-over-240-000-spent-zz572-4l85e-gabe-lopez-leather-kugel

Sale pending at $89,500

Thank you for posting that link.  Now that I got to see it, all I can say is It's not my cup of tea.   

59meteor

Title claims over $240,000 on this 57, but apparently it seems using a Ford engine would cost too much! :005: :naughty:
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

57chero

Good point, and funny to.