News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

"Custom" script?

Started by RICH MUISE, 2020-02-09 08:42

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I guess I never thought about this previously, and don't remember any discussions on it, but I'm just realizing Ford never had a script/emblem for the Customs. Am I wrong? Seems strange they had them for the other models. Looking at pics of the different Ford models, unless I'm missing something somewhere, I only see F O R D on the Customs.
I got thinking about it when I decided I would like a Custom script for my dash. Maybe other years/brands? Anybody remember seeing anything. I'm gonna look at aftermarket stuff.....we've seen the "streetrod", "hot Rod", so maybe somebody made a Custom. Don't want a Kustom
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

djfordmanjack

yes, it seems it would be easy to shorten either Customline or CustomCab to your needs Rich.

Ray Summitt

Macs website has custom badges in two different styles listed under 48 - 79 ford trucks

59meteor

I have seen Fords with factory "Custom" emblems before, 1965 for certain, and I think 64 too. Maybe others, but since these are cars well over 50 years old, and base models to boot, still not likely to find  a bunch of them in a local wrecking yard.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

59meteor

Actually, I just remembered that the base Ford PU trucks had "CUSTOM" emblems in the mid-late 70s, should be much easier to find, although they have a more modern look than the 1950s.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

rmk57

Found this laying around with other emblems I have. I think it's from a mid-70's mid 80's Ford pickup. It would look out of place stuck on anywhere on a 50's Ford car.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

Replaced the Thunderbird dash emblem in the Thunderbird dash in the '57 Custom with NOS in-the-box CUSTOM from maybe a '68 Custom (found on eBay).

SkylinerRon

That does look like mid/late 60's script. I don't recall seeing any 50's Custom emblems other than the stainless fender moldings on 51's.

Ron.

RICH MUISE

Yes, shortening is definetly an option. What Gary replace the T-Bird with is pretty much what I had in mind,but a shortened "Custom Cab" would work as well. The gold ones would just look out of place, as would the blocky ones. Can't spend a whole lot at this time, but at least now I know stuff is out there. It'll give me something to look for at the swap meet tables. I may order that Custom Cab one, though. It looks to not be pitted, just needing a little cleaning and polish.

terry_208

I believe another option might be the "Custom" emblem from a '64 sedan.  IIRC it is in cursive.
Terry

gasman826

Some of these are available as repops.  Then you wouldn't have to deal with pitting and broken pins.

mustang6984

There are shops that will custom make them...they would be stick on not the pin and retainer type.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Can't get to the back of where it would be going anyways, so has to be stick-on. What I find with pins will be clipped off anyways. Even if I could get to the back of it, there's a half inch of very dense foam padding under the vinyl.