News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

body mount pedistal on frame?

Started by terry_208, 2020-02-18 14:42

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

I started to set the body onto the frame and can't figure out the mount attachment point for the third from the rear.  I expected to find a bracket but can't figure it out.  I went to the Dennis Carpenter catalog from July 15, pg 35.  It shows two mount points on the outside of the frame before one on the inside.  Mine only has one on the outside before the inside one.  The mount point I don't locate is right at the wheel tub.  Please, someone tell me what I'm missing.
Terry

djfordmanjack

what body style do you have and what frame and what pictures are you looking at ? body mounts are different depending on model. you might as well be looking at a Custom/ Wagon chassis drawing.

terry_208

Yes, it is a Custom, 70A. Sorry, I forgot that.  I took the body off the frame and had both media blasted.  I have a mount hole in the body, over the axel, and no bracket on the frame.  It's perplexing me.  Thanks.
Terry

RICH MUISE

Let me see if I can get out to the garage to check later, but if it's the two holes I'm thinking of.........nothing goes in them. I think I remember them being in the raised area below the package shelf? I think they just get plugs. I also seem to remember being puzzled as to what their purpose was.
Hopefully Les from Colorado Springs will see this........he just put his Custom body back on recently.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-02-18 19:29
Let me see if I can get out to the garage to check later, but if it's the two holes I'm thinking of.........nothing goes in them. I think I remember them being in the raised area below the package shelf? I think they just get plugs. I also seem to remember being puzzled as to what their purpose was.
Hopefully Les from Colorado Springs will see this........he just put his Custom body back on recently.

That would make sense!  On a previous trial fit, the holes that we are talking about lined up with the top of the frame rail.  I thought I had done something wrong.  This time, I was trying to find a place for the pedestal to set on before getting close to mating body to frame.   I'll recheck things again tomorrow.  Thanks

Terry

djfordmanjack

I will check the wagon floors as well. Pretty sure to remember that the wagons and Ranchero have additional body mounts in exactly that area. the chassis also has an additional tubular crossmember on the wgns (for the shock mounts). I am sure the floors on all Custom models are identical, so that's probably the reason for those holes being unused on a sdn.

RICH MUISE

Terry...finally remembered to have a peek...........The holes we are talking about are about 3" inboard from the wheel tub on the raised area behind the back seat....correct? about 3/4 diameter? Those holes are just empty...in fact, I need to put plugs in mine. I'm still not sure what your talking about with "pedistal" though......different terminology for the rotisserie?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-02-19 10:55
Terry...finally remembered to have a peek...........The holes we are talking about are about 3" inboard from the wheel tub on the raised area behind the back seat....correct? about 3/4 diameter? Those holes are just empty...in fact, I need to put plugs in mine. I'm still not sure what your talking about with "pedestal" though......different terminology for the rotisserie?

Thanks, Rich that's just the information I needed.  Pedestal is just what I'm calling the body attachment point on the frame.  It's built out board from the frame and the mount kit/assembly sits on it and is bolted through it.  Probably a wrong terminology on my part.  Sorry for any confusion. 
Terry