News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Randy Conner

Started by Frankenstein57, 2020-03-21 13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

Hi guys, I had a long conversation with Mrs. Randy Conner this morning, I thought she said her name was Marge. I didn't realize Randy passed of a heart attack 10 months ago. I had emailed him a message looking for a body for one of my projects. Randy had over 160 cars, I bought a ranchero body approximately 5 or so years ago. My brother and I had an interesting visit with him, and looked over his massive collection. He has a bunch of e code stuff, and some rare pieces. He also was an active dirt track racer, which my brother and I did for many years. The good news is she said she is not an auction person, or someone who would crush them. She want's to remain active in providing us with a source for 57/58 parts. She has a grandson who shadowed Randy, and is helpful in the parts department. This is a valuable resource for us midwestern enthusiasts, Many of his cars came from dry climates. She said there is still 30" of snow in the woods, so it might be a few weeks before access is available.  She still responds to his email RCLPartman@aol.com     Sorry if this is repeating information, I looked back and didn't see any posts.  Randy was a very interesting guy who I enjoyed meeting, rest in peace my friend.    To all you other guys, stay safe out there!   Mark

RICH MUISE

Thanks for posting the info, Mark.........and it's really good to see you posting again! It's been a while.
I updated his listing in the supplier's links/salvage yards/Wisconsin
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Randy was a real good guy, and he was very helpful also.  Hopefully between his wife and some day
also the grandson, they can start selling 57 parts again.  I remember that for the most part, his wife 
was the person that did most of the packaging and shipping.

Mark where have you been?    I remember following your thread when you bought your Ranchero
from Randy.

Hoosier Hurricane

Just a note about Randy's widow.  Her name is Midge.  I met them a few years ago at the Y-Block shootout.  GOOD PEOPLE!!     John

Ford Blue blood

A few years ago my wife and I spent an afternoon with the both of them.  He was a Ford man all the way.  Dirt tracked a 57 and did very well.  Randy was about as down to earth as any person I have ever met.  He and Midge have a really gorgeous house (log cabin) deep in the woods.  If you are at their place it is on purpose, no way would you stumble by on accident!   Their telling of the building of it was really funny and interesting.  I think Randy has most every E code setup that was ever built!  Must be 15 - 20 complete units in the shed.

It is most delightful to see she is going to keep his stuff and let us have access if needed.  We lost The Ranchero Wizard several years ago and his widow apparently didn't have any help with his treasure trove and that source faded away.  Not sure what happened with all his parts.  He was a cool guy as well!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2020-03-21 15:26
    Randy was a real good guy, and he was very helpful also.  Hopefully between his wife and some day
also the grandson, they can start selling 57 parts again.  I remember that for the most part, his wife 
was the person that did most of the packaging and shipping.

Mark where have you been?    I remember following your thread when you bought your Ranchero
from Randy.
Thanks for the thoughts, I have been busy, got divorced about 4 1/2 years ago. Interesting being a bachelor and dating after 32 years, lol. I still have my house and shop, toys, bought a Harley bagger. So I've been busy. I picked up my 57 project last year, replacing floors and rockers. Looks like i'll have lots more time in the near future, so I'm going to finish that part of the project. I have an expierienced  body man willing to do the quarter panel work. My 33 year old daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer at Thanksgiving, and had a double mastectomy by Christmas. She is currently going through chemo treatments, I hope this virus stays away from her. I am doing her kitchen for a Christmas present, picked up the cabinets today. I should post a thread on the ranchero build.  Mark