News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Centre Console

Started by rovohn, 2020-04-26 11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

rovohn

Has anyone installed a centre console from another vehicle in a 57?
I'd really like to add one as I have bucket seats in the Ranchero and there is a large space between the seats.
Cheers,John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

KYBlueOval

I'm using the console from a '66T'bird. Its had a lot of modifications, but that is what I started with. There are photos of the console here on the Forum.
Go to General Discussion and then go to page two, and look for "My Ranchero Resurrection" and you'll see the photos. If you have questions just let me know.........glad to help.
John

gasman826

'65 Thunderbird.  You may have to add a few inches to the back end to reach the rear seat.  I added metal to the '57's hump for attachment.  I chose the Thunderbird because it has a lot of chrome.  Unfortunately, most of the pieces are potmetal and require restoration...very expensive.  Some of the lower pieces are stainless so they can be shaped and polished.  I am also using '63 Thunderbird front seats which are more petite than the '65 'Bird seats.  With '65 Thunderbird door panels (big arm rests), seats and console, real estate gets a little chummy. 

fdlrc

That's really sharp.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco