News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Seat Belt

Started by oldgasser, 2020-04-29 19:24

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgasser

Would any of the members know where I can find the layout drawings for seat belt floor anchors for my 1957 Ford Convertible?
Thank you for your time.
Oldgasser ( Ron)

Ray

Hi, I've got them but they are very difficult in a convertible. The front inner brackets basically need to be fitted before you put the body on. Very difficult after. let me know if I can help.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

57imposter

Quote from: Ray on 2020-04-30 10:51
Hi, I've got them but they are very difficult in a convertible. The front inner brackets basically need to be fitted before you put the body on. Very difficult after. let me know if I can help.
I put three points in a coupe and put the floor anchor down between frame rail and the rocker. It was tight and I had to modify the anchor plate to fit up the the space but it worked.

RICH MUISE

I suspect the problem is the X member on a convert being where you would want the attachment??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

Are you installing Ford factory brackets or aftermarket?

Ron.

Ray

On the Ford brackets the tunnel is slightly differently shaped. That's the issue with the inner brackets. The outers were a problem as wel but I don't recall why offhand. I'll have to look. I installed both front and rear on the green car and accumulated enough parts and material for the Coral Sand car. After all the trouble on the green car I haven't decided on the Coral car yet.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

gasman826

One of my '57s has an aftermarket three point and the outer is very limited to where it will fit.  I located the inner by the location of the seat.  Since I moved the seat back, the inner location also moved back.  It is more import for proper location for functionality than OEM location.  I also used the correct beveled washers so they won't tear through the floor if they ever get tested.  Some of the anchors go through the floor supports.