News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Newport wiper motor

Started by akronterr, 2020-04-30 15:28

Previous topic - Next topic

akronterr

Hi Guys, I haven't been on lately. I have been driving my 57 for 5 years now. But I do have a ? on my wiper motor that came on my 57. It only wipes 1/2 way. I removed cover on front of motor and changed the position of the arm inside to different locations. Found one that would wipe complete window and parked fine but when fist turned on they go down then up. I'm not sure if this is the correct motor, It came with car. no #s on it. I don't want to spend 300.00 for another one unless one of you have one with no problem. Thanks Terry PS not sure that it is a Newport model but it looks like the ones for sale

RICH MUISE

I think the Newport wipers are pretty common here. You should get some helpful responses.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

I'd suggest that you contact Newport Engineering. They could help you confirm, if in fact, you have one of their wiper motors and advise you on how to adjust it. Just a thought.
John

akronterr

Hi Guys, I got to work on my wipers again. One of my problems I found was the drivers side wiper tensioner teeth wore off. Replaced tensioner. also removed wiper cover and moved adjuster arm to 120 position. ( had 3 locations 100,110,and 120). Now they move correctly. Now I put my new wiper arms and blades on only to find out they hit the top of windshield. CRAP, I found out wind shield is shorter on the 500 Models. The wiper arms I bought are B7A-17526-A and B7A-175267-A. My Ford manuel says I need wiper arms B7A-17526-B and B7A-17527-B which are 1" shorter. Does any one sell these that you know of. Thanks Terry

lalessi1

I bought 15" wiper blades for my Custom. They almost hit each other in the middle. I bought them on eBay (I think).
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Yes, the Fairlane windshield is 1" shorter than the Custom. I'm using just 12" blades on my Custom, sounds like I could have got longer ones. Maybe I'll try 14" if they are available. When I bought mine years ago, I just got them at a local parts house. Trico Classic

lalessi1

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2020-05-24 09:41
I bought 15" wiper blades for my Custom. They almost hit each other in the middle. I bought them on eBay (I think).

Whoops, I lied... Mine are 13". They are Trico classics, I did buy them on eBay. I originally bought 15", duh, WAY too long!!!!
Lynn

terry_208

Quote from: akronterr on 2020-05-24 08:35
I put my new wiper arms and blades on only to find out they hit the top of windshield. CRAP, I found out wind shield is shorter on the 500 Models. The wiper arms I bought are B7A-17526-A and B7A-175267-A. My Ford manuel says I need wiper arms B7A-17526-B and B7A-17527-B which are 1" shorter. Does any one sell these that you know of. Thanks Terry

Are the arms too long or just the blades?  I ask because I will need to get new arms for my Custom.
Terry

akronterr

The B7A-17526-A and B7A-17527-A arms are 11.79 in length. The Fairlane 500 calls for B7A-17526-B and B7A-17527-B which are 10.63 in length. All wiper blades were 12" according to my 57 Ford parts manual. The difference was the arm length. Thanks Terry I have the 12" stainless blades on now

akronterr

PS the Ranchero also has the tall windshield

Frankenstein57

As long as we are on this topic, when installing wiper arms, determine where the park position is prior to installing arms and blades. You could run your wipers down onto the paint, ask me how I know this!      :005:

akronterr

Just wanted to let you know I got my correct wiper arms for my 57 Fairlane. The ford number I was trying to find B7A-17527 & 17526-B did not show up anywhere when. I did find  them art Jerry's Classic Cars & Parts, Inc. A little expensive but correct. $143.69 with shipping. The B7a-17526 &527-A at Macs are lot cheaper price but not correct. $25.00 each. The stainless 12" blades I got on EBAY from i5classicchevy for $31.54 with shipping. These arms and blades are the bayonet style. Now my Fairlane is happy it can see in the rain if I get caught in it. Thanks Terry

akronterr

PS I forgot Jerry's part number is B7A-175267-FL, this # is for a matching pair of arms

RICH MUISE

When I first got my '57 in about '98, I didn't know you couldn't get old parts at Ford dealers, so I went to the local dealer in Colorado Springs and they had them!! I think about 14.lol