News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Thank you Rich. A little back story to the new pup:

This is our Yellow lab Chassis; she turned a year old a few weeks ago so we had her fixed. She's not feeling so great in this pic, but she is starting to feel better.

We had to put our other Lab Rosie down two months ago @ 7 years old:

She started to get picky about her food and wouldn't eat much, took her to the Vet and she had a rapidly spreading cancer that had developed a tumor on her spleen and even if we had it removed, life expectancy was 1-3 months.

This is her with Chassis:

...and this is at the Vet the morning we put her down, never expected this to happen at such a young age... She ate a couple of McD's burgers and played with her ball for the last time..

My wife fell in love with another Yellow from Chassis's breeder and we picked her up this past Saturday.

Chassis was "on order" with our breeder two years ago, because our 13 year old Golden, Brandy, had cancerous tumors but we felt she was too old to put through surgery, she was a trooper, she hung in the two more years (15) and we had to put her down five weeks ago, not a good couple of months for dogs with us. We were giving Brandy some hard drugs at night so she could relax; she literally would sleep with her eyes open. During the day, she was good and tried to play ball. In the end, the cancer didn't get her, her back legs gave out, so sad)

This is her in her prior to the cancer:

Here she is a couple of weeks earlier: (You can see the two large tumors; one on her leg and the other on her side)

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Well that brought a tear to my eyes. It hit home with me because, even though we had 6 dogs at the time, my Husky was my dog and I lost her 1 1/2 years ago. She was my riding buddy, loved to go out for a ride. She was attacked by a pit bull at an I40 rest area and died 10 days after surgery. Blood clot breaking loose caused a heart attack. I was surprised about how hard that hit me.....these pups are like your own kids.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

I remember you telling me; I don't know what I would have done....
I still say they are better than people.

My Dad used to say "Take your wife and your dog and lock them in the trunk of your car for an hour and tell me which one will be happy to see you when you open it"
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

abe_lugo

F6943173-E769-460B-811B-3B91C3FFABBC.jpeg

Rando pic of a cool cartoons drawing on the old hot rod deluxe magazine I got from Viva last Month. 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

CobraJoe

I loved CARtoons when I was a kid, especially with Granny

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Tom S

Ford's first grille came out in 1932.  So what if ....

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

FiveSevenLiter

Popular Science 1957
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

FiveSevenLiter

Here are a couple more from the same issue.  My car was built September 4 which was Edsel introduction day, interesting time line on them.
Terry
 :canada:

1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

They look like Monkeys.
Tom...... Alaskan winters getting too long? Ford's FIRST grille in 1932???
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe