News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

Shepard Hoisted from Mercury Capsule

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

These must be BMW sidecar bikes, post war, naturally aspirated. What a wild ride !

Crude helmets and second skin leather combos. Can't get over the fact that the second rider of the bike in front, seems to be wearing Converse sneakers....not the safest shoes at 200km/h, but probably light and small, as to fit inside the car.

CobraJoe

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2024-09-17 17:38These must be BMW sidecar bikes, post war, naturally aspirated. What a wild ride !

Crude helmets and second skin leather combos. Can't get over the fact that the second rider of the bike in front, seems to be wearing Converse sneakers....not the safest shoes at 200km/h, but probably light and small, as to fit inside the car.

BMW Sidecar Racers, Isle of Man TT Start, Isle of Man, 1967
Start Line with Sidecar Racers Rolling,

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

An automobile sits under pipes with multiple nozzles spraying water at a car wash in 1939.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

I know that is the official online description you quoted, Joe. But to me it looks much more like a factory test facility for (rain) water leaks. the license plate seems to read New York Worlds Fair 1939. Interesting 3 digit number and it appears to be a 1936/7 Lincoln ?

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

^...and she's gonna have fun, fun, fun, 'til her daddy takes her T-bird away..... :003:

no way to tell from this perspective on the T bird, but they both could be 57 models.

edit: nice live cut here. Mike and his infamous chewing gum....haha... Brians high pitch voice at the 2:15 break always takes me away...

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on Yesterday at 07:09^...and she's gonna have fun, fun, fun, 'til her daddy takes her T-bird away..... :003:

no way to tell from this perspective on the T bird, but they both could be 57 models.
There is a way to tell from that pic. That's a '55 T-Bird.

djfordmanjack

Tom, can you please explain ? I was thinking hard to find any details but couldn't. I am just guessing, is it in the Y block V8 badge ?

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on Today at 13:57Tom, can you please explain ? I was thinking hard to find any details but couldn't. I am just guessing, is it in the Y block V8 badge ?
Yup. Looked at pix of '55-'57 Birds & '55s are the only ones with the V8 badge. I knew that '55s are the only ones with the cross checkered flags badge on the nose.
BTW, going by the year of the cop car I'm pretty sure that the driver of the T-Bird is a model that's much older than 1957. She's got to be at least a 1937 or older model. :002:

cokefirst

Lots of things make that a 55.  Yes, the Y block emblems were only used on the 1955,  There is no vent windows, there is no sun visors just to name a few. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed