News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Brake question

Started by rovohn, 2020-06-21 19:46

Previous topic - Next topic

rovohn

Are front and rear brake shoes the same for 57-59?
Thanks,John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

59meteor

John, as I recall, the front brake shoes are the same for all 3 years, and the rears are as well (but different from the fronts), but the wagons, Rancheros and Sedan Deliverys have wider rear shoes. Not sure if Skyliners and Sunliners use the wider or narrower shoes. If you are interested, I have the front drum brakes from my 59 laying around the garage, since I switched to the Wilwood front disc brakes. I put all new shoes and wheel cylinder ,(and maybe hoses too) on the car some years ago, but only ever drove the car about 300 miles with them. If you want them, come and get em. I`m just in Abbotsford, and I doubt that I will ever use them again. They are complete with the backing plates, I have the front drums too, which I machined and packed the wheel bearings when I did the brakes. Hopefully the wheel cylinders are still good, after sitting all these years, but you can`t beat the price!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

rovohn

Sounds cool Rory,I'll call you later
John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

cokefirst

FYI, the Skyliner uses the same brake parts as the S/W and Ranchero.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed