News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The 4 eyed ugly younger sister....the 1959!

Started by Fabulous50s, 2020-07-02 19:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabulous50s

This was the 2 speed Ford-O-Matic that the car came with. It was removed in the 70s and a 3 speed toploader installed, but the Ford-O-Matic came with the car, PO told me he had it rebuilt in the 80s but never installed it.

Sold it on Ebay to a fellow in Germany for his 1960 Galaxie. $1200 in shipping! Its sale helped buy parts to get this girl back to being roadworthy. I've bought and sold many parts for this car. Cleaning out my VW collection.
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.

Fabulous50s

My helper. He is very excited to have some "daddy time in the Big Green Galaxie".

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.

Fabulous50s

My trim polisher.

mustang6984

Looks to me like those memories of the future I spoke of...are starting in the present! Good for them...and you. (can I send you my trim for her to polish too per chance?   :002: )
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fabulous50s

Both my kids have been very excited to ride (and get ice cream) in the "Green Galaxie". Even my wife is excited about it now! Got my the steering column and shifter installed and linkage adjusted with new bushings, as it will all be pretty much inaccessible now that the bracket/booster/master is installed.

Commenced to bleeding brakes last night.

mustang6984

Nice! Clean install. Coming along a good clip.   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

IMHO  I don't see anything ugly about a 59.  I like all of them especially 57, 58 and 59.

mustang6984

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2020-07-13 13:51
IMHO  I don't see anything ugly about a 59.  I like all of them especially 57, 58 and 59.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                    DITTO :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fabulous50s

Well thank you gentlemen! I would have to agree, it was my way of poking fun because this is, after all, a '57 forum :003:

I've got breaks bled, battery installed, electrical tested, cooling system filled..... testing the gas gauge tonight and will start her up!

Fabulous50s

Doing a tape measure toe adjustment, so I can drive to the alignment shop this week.

I used to work at this full service auto shop, so they will let me loose with the $300k alignment machine and I'll see if I can get some positive caster into the front.

Fabulous50s

Moved under it's own power today.

Went on an 8 mile ride! Cooled well, handled surprisingly well and stopped better than I expected.

The Ebay vacuum boosted dual master was a good investment as far as I can tell so far. Still waiting to get my hood painted.... better access for inspection i guess!

mustang6984

Good for you! That is one sweet looking ride! I see some serious fun in your future!

I think I am going to go with a power brake system as well in my Courier. Along with discs. I will also have an FE so stopping that big ol' gal will be a chore...I remember doing it with drums before. I think discs will help keep my blood pressure low!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

That's one more door I wouldn't mind having in my driveway. I think 59's lend themselves much better to a 4 dr than 57's. love the color combo, everything just flows really well on that car. Congrats on the first run.........sounds like it went very well.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Taylor, I REALLY love your car...so different!
Lynn

djfordmanjack