News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The 4 eyed ugly younger sister....the 1959!

Started by Fabulous50s, 2020-07-02 19:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabulous50s

Waiting for the seatbelts to arrive, and I will get the interior installed. I've got to weld in anchor points for the shoulder belts. I'd rather not have to take everything out again.

Thank you so much for all the complements. We still have 3 more months I can drive this land barge! I see way too much ice cream in my family's future!
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.

mustang6984

I assume you will enforce the same rule I have...no eating in the car! LOL!!! Kids...ice cream...car upholstery...eh...equals mess! UGH!
Gonna be some fun! Lots of waves from other drivers who will be as green in face as your car...with envy!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fabulous50s

Recieved my seatbelts last week and got the majority of the interior installed (carpet, seats, rear shelf) still waiting on some interior steel trim from the body shop.

Went for my first legal ride Saturday. Had two different people chase me down to look at the car and tell me stories of their '59 back in the day. It was great fun!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.

Lgcustom

Very nicely done! Your interior really looks sharp. Excellent work.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

I'm with Joe...that is one sweet pic! As one who shoots a lot of cars and things out of the norm...I like that!
Oh...and the interior looks sharp too!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

fdlrc

Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

Sweet, the mix of silver thread cloth, white and green vinyl and ss steel trim makes it pop right out of the 1950s. we need an Eddie Cochran song for that !

it was released in '59 btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIWU4CHbR04

Fabulous50s

It's striking the resemblance of a '58 Fury, Christine. I've yet to get my '59 to self heal....that would be convenient!

A big thanks to Lynn for the water pump and short pully. Changed that out and installed a cable operated valve on the heater hoses. Noticed a bit of heat making it's way out of the heater box. Plan is to use a universal choke cable from the parts store and hide knob under the dash.

Now that mechanicals are all wrapped up (until winter) I put the hood on for the final Christine look  :003:

Fabulous50s

Thanks Lynn!

lalessi1

Lynn

djfordmanjack

Wow, now thats a beautiful FE !
I especially like how clean your wiring and plumbing is ! That tells alot about the condition of a car and its caretaker. A+ !  :002:

Fabulous50s

Thank you! Honestly, I didnt paint much under the hood. All the parts were painted outside, my garage is attached and if I paint in there the whole house smells like paint. The downside of not having a detached heated shop. Here at the top of Maine a heated garage is a big deal!

Kinda wish I had painted the radiator support and suspension components when I had that all apart.

The wireing is completly fabricated by me, no factory stuff left. Again I wasn't really trying to hide anything, just make it look decent.

Thank you for all the kind compliments!

RICH MUISE

It does look great. Northern Maine..........I know it probably doesn't happen too often ( ::)), if you happen to run into an occasional frenchman, be nice, good chance they may be my relatives, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe