News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

3500 km Road Trip

Started by rovohn, 2020-09-23 12:59

Previous topic - Next topic

rovohn

Went on a road trip last week with my '57,went from Langley,BC stopping in Castlegar,Banff,Hinton,Dawson Creek,Prince George and Williams Lake.
The car ran like a top the only issue was a trans cooler line fitting that had come loose,easy fix on the side of the road.
I got a shade under 20 mpg(cdn)
Looking forward to more trips next year
The pic is taken in Hope,BC where the first Rambo movie was filmed
Cheers,John  :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

RICH MUISE

That sculpture looks just like him. The car looks great. I love BC......feel free to post more pics (please, lol) that's about 2170 miles.....awesome!! That's about 1000 miles longer than my longest. I don't have a clue as to Canadian gallons.......I seem to remember they are larger? I'm curious if you have a KM speedo.....my guess is yes, or just one that shows both as many had/do.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rovohn

Hey Rich
A Cdn gallon is 4.54 litres and a US gallon is 3.78 litres
When I changed my instrument panel I installed a 200kmh GPS speedo from Amazon,it was only $100 and eliminated the speedo cable.
The MGB GT belongs to my friend it's had a GM 3.4 V6 conversion and makes it a really great long distance cruiser,I used to have an MGB roadster but only a 4cyl, we drove it to New York and San Diego
Cheers,John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

RICH MUISE

I've got a GPS speedometer in mine also......love it......it's even got an altimeter, a 1/4 mile timer, etc. Makes it so much easier than a cable driven. Where did you put your GPS receiver pod?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rovohn

Rich
I ran the cable behind the garnish mouldings,cut a little slot and it sits in front of the rear view mirror,pretty much out of sight
John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery