News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

89 ford broncos

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2020-10-21 13:48

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

does any one know if the 89 broncos have a carb or fuel inj?,   electric hubs or manual?,  does it have a comp?,  any helpwould be apprecioate3d,  thanmks   jerry

CobraJoe

1989's were EFI, speed density on both the 5.0 & 4.9 and had an ECM. Hubs could be either manual or automatic no electric hubs. Transfer case was manual or electric shift IIRC
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

geraldchainsaw

one more question,    why do the ones i'm seeing most have a 3" or 6" llift,    is it a matcho thing?,  they sure don't get any more distance under the axle

CobraJoe

Quote from: geraldchainsaw on 2020-10-31 10:41
one more question,    why do the ones i'm seeing most have a 3" or 6" llift,    is it a matcho thing?,  they sure don't get any more distance under the axle

Apparently I must have a "Macho thing" going on, here's my '96 & my '74

The more lift, the taller the tire you can run, which in turn, gives you "more distance under the axle"

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane