News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

shift linkage

Started by nitro3847, 2020-10-28 18:58

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro3847

Guys I am installing a auto column in my 57 custom with a c4 transmission will a shift rod from column direct to transmission work or do I have to have some type of crossbar that linkage connects too.

abe_lugo

I believe there is a cable that may work in this application. But expensive and still would be mods needed.  It seems some get the original shift rods to work with modifications. 
I'm going to be doing the exact same to an already  driving 57.  I did my 64 Fairlane, on that one I used the original rod.  That needed the detent plate changed out.  In this case. If no one chimes in.  I think lengthening the throw on the shifter is needed.  Also the removal of the NSS on the column.  Wire in the C4 one in the shifter.  I'm sure many have done this on here

From doing some searches, sounds like the actual shift lever should be the style with the gear selector lever facing down- for Column shift. If you have the gear facing up, it means it for floor shift.  I happen to have the floor shift style on mine right now and it a processes to remove it and change it out.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008