News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

power steering revisited (with a twist)

Started by 58villager, 2020-11-07 22:59

Previous topic - Next topic

58villager

have a 58 edsel villager trying to install bogeson power gearbox but can't find pittman arm to fit . box is a later box ( borgeson cast into side of box) has 1-1/8 inch spline. edsel pittman arm is 1-1/16 inch same spline count(32 with 4 master) saw lots of borgeson conversions on here, but no comments on pitt arm
58 edsel villager big block (300 6cyl )58 edsel bermuda resto. project,78 ford king cobra 5.0/4speed

lalessi1

I used the pitman arms off the car. It had a '58 box and pitman arm but I believe the '57 pitman arm is the same. They are 1 1/8" I believe.
Lynn

terry_208

As a last resort, doesn't Borgeson offer pitman arms?
Terry

58villager

thanks for the replys folks. tried the factory (58 edsel -villager) pittman arm only goes on splines about 1/4 inch talked to people at borgeson not much help (told file splines in my arm,also told draw it on with the nut) neither solution really seems proper !! don't know if 58 edsel arm different from 57/58 ford arms .once again can't find any specs on ford arms. measured edsel arm (hard to measure splined hole) but appears to be about 1.010 inch on larger diameter side (nearest bottom of gear) ,and about 0.990 inch on nut side of arm. measured shafts at bottom of splines they are obviously different . borgeson states they no longer offer arms .older boxes were supllied w/arms,newer boxes use "stock factory" arms they couldn't tell me which "factory arm"fits . can anyone measure a 58 arm ? once again thanks for any info.
58 edsel villager big block (300 6cyl )58 edsel bermuda resto. project,78 ford king cobra 5.0/4speed