News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Help! hood cable has come unattached, with hood closed

Started by tim bullion, 2020-11-20 17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

tim bullion

help,Does anyone out there know how  I go about opening my country sedan hood when the cable has become detached from the latch?

RICH MUISE

Yes, sorta. I've never actually done it, and never will since I don't have a hood latch at all anymore, but there is an access hole on the firewall underneath the hood latch location. After removing the rubber plug, it's a matter of feeling around with a long flat screwdriver to find the lever that needs to be popped. Other who have done it will hopefully chime in with more details if there are any.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Never had to do it but read somewhere that the latch can be reached from under the right side wheel well with a long small pole.

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

all that Rich stated is true, except for its not a rubber plug but a lightly stamped hole/indentation in the firewall, which still retaines the stamped circular metal piece, it has to be knocked out with a chisel or punch.

jviera

Go to Tech Diagrams and Factory Drawings then the first pin post 57 windshield cable how to, then start with number one color code everything and go to pic twelve, the pic with the large red arrow pointing to the wiper arm look to lower right center of cowl the large round hole is where the rubber plug is, however getting to it is under the dash with left side vent removed and along screw driver to pop the grommet and then pry sideways on the release lever. hope this helps. jviera

jviera

Some times the r side vent gives better access that is up to you. j viera