News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

power brakes

Started by alvin stadel, 2020-12-06 10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Can any one point me in the right direction to find a rebuild kit for my brake booster.  I'v been looking and can't seam to find what I want.   There has to be a rebuild kit out there somewhere.  Thanks Alvin

cokefirst

Mac's part number 66-30935-1.  It says it is for the Thunderbird 58-59 but it fits the 57 Ford passenger also.  According to the Ford parts book this kit is the same for the car and Thunderbird.  Good luck
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

alvin stadel

Thanks for the info. A good friend of mine that has a restoration shop in Billings has worked on these before, and thinks it just needs to be adjusted. There are about 3 or 4 adjustments that need to be made and he is going to make a house call and try and figure it out.  So before I order anything I am going to see if he can me going.  If not it will be time for a parts order.

Ford Blue blood

I'd double check that Mac's number.  The 57 passenger car power booster is located under the dash not in the engine compartment.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KULTULZ

This is a tricky one. The 57 FORD KH style was used from 57-59 on the FORD and 58-59 on the BIRD. The assembly PN is different for the FORD and BIRD (I would imagine MTG) but the repair kits are the same. The BENDIX design (DIA) was used from 59/ on either (mid year intro?).

MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

KULTULZ

I should have added, there are two kits for the KH booster, one (B7A 2307-A) is for minor repair and the other (B7A 2309-A) is for a major repair. Both are still available. Just GOOGLE the PN's.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN