News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane 500 Window Visors

Started by chapingo17, 2020-12-10 12:52

Previous topic - Next topic

chapingo17

Hi, does anyone know where I can purchase Chrome Window Visors for side windows at? I have looked around, but I haven't find where to buy them. Thank you in advance.

thomasso

Occasionally on Ebay.  NORS. I don't think anyone reproduces them.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

chapingo17

If anyone has an extra set of chrome visors for a 2 door Fairlane please let me know. Also, if anyone has a source or a place I can buy them at. I've been looking for them On-Line, but I not able to find they right description. Does anyone know what they are called?

lalessi1

If you talking about the chrome/stainless flat piece above the vent window that has a curved upturned lip, I looked in the parts book and it doesn't show up that I can find.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I think he is actually talking about visors that go over the roll-up side windows. I've seen them advertised many years ago, almost bought some for my car, but never did. I don't think I've ever seen them on a '57, and I don't remember where I was looking at them.
Eric.......I can't remember if your 500 was a sedan or hardtop. If you're looking for what I think you are, they won't work on a hardtop.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-12-13 09:52
I think he is actually talking about visors that go over the roll-up side windows. I've seen them advertised many years ago, almost bought some for my car, but never did. I don't think I've ever seen them on a '57, and I don't remember where I was looking at them.
Eric.......I can't remember if your 500 was a sedan or hardtop. If you're looking for what I think you are, they won't work on a hardtop.

I was confused as usual!
Lynn

chapingo17

Yes Rich, I need visors that go just on top of side windows front & back. Thanks for the heads up, mine is a 1957 Fairlane 500 Club Sedan. I just saw a 1957 Ford 300 Custom on (YouTube) that has window visors, they look really nice. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4OBJ-Wjcvc

SkylinerRon

They come up from time to time at the big flea markets mostly from old Pep boys, Western auto type stores.

Have seen them at Carlisle and Hershey mainly.

Good luck,

Ron.

hiball3985

I think JC Whitney has something like that in their catalogs back in the day. I love that car and had seen it before on the Tube.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

terry_208

The first thing I noticed was the hockey sticks.  I've never noticed them on a Custom.  Were they also an option on the Customs/300's?   
Terry

SkylinerRon

Hockey sticks are in the accessory brochure. Could be installed on any model 57 or 58.

There are two pieces that join on the rocker panel about six inches after the front fenderwell.

Ron.