News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country sedan Wagon

Started by Richard Grizzle, 2020-12-15 15:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Grizzle

Im doing the headliner on a 1957 Ford Country Sedan. I would like to have a nice dome light to install. Would anyone know of where I can purchase one. A 1958 wont work.

lalessi1

You can buy a new repopped one in parts from Concours Auto Parts, among others.... The one they show is for a Fairlane and a little different different from a Custom, not sure about your wagon, but you can use it anyway.

https://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000051e~Z5Z5Z515666~P21.95~~~~S5XN0IBWDB68112479430c~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000051e
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I pulled a later model one out of a salvage vehicle. One thing to watch for, I found out, is at least some of the later model ones are wired differently than the '57s. The '57 has a switched power, with the light fixture grounded to the roof. The one I installed was a switched ground. That lead to a whole host of other issues to deal with, like the door jamb switches and headlight switch's interior lights position. I never did get it correct, my dome light works by its switch only, and doesn't come on with the door open or headlight switch position. lol, a project for "down the road", I never got to. By the time I realized I had a problem, the headliner was installed and a bigger (than oem) hole cut for the newer style dome light.
So long ago, I don't remember details. If and when I get to it, I'll have to rediscover what I did and try to figure out why it doesn't work as it should.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Here is mine installed...
Lynn

abe_lugo

No sure on the 57, but my 64 Fairlane wagon had two one in the usually spot for sedan and one at the very rear inside above the tailgate, if you have the mount in that location, you might was well add it.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008