News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranch wagon build

Started by dgasman, 2020-12-18 17:39

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

OK thanks, grey sounds nice.. My daughter just did her wagon in some kind of brown and I wasn't that crazy about it but she likes, we all have different taste.

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Now wait a minute Jim....your daughter has a '57 Ford wagon ?? 

How come we don't know anything about it ?
:001:

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-01-08 15:54
Now wait a minute Jim....your daughter has a '57 Ford wagon ?? 

How come we don't know anything about it ?
:001:
Yes, she bought it before I had the Ranchero. She always knew my love for the 57's and knew I had owned several many years ago. She was almost born in one on the way to the hospital. So she was so excited when she bought it. She just wanted something to cruise to the beach with the grand kids. So I drove down to San Diego to visit and see the wagon. It was completely stock except the engine, and guess what it had? I was so disappointing but she didn't know any better  :005:. So they tore it apart and spent the next 9 years building it. They did to it what I never would so I don't mention it as other people have done the same and I don't want to express my opinion on the changes. So it's the black sheep of our Ford family.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

"Now wait a minute Jim....your daughter has a '57 Ford wagon ??
How come we don't know anything about it?"

My thoughts were that exactly...I quickly chalked it up to my bad memory. Understandable, Jim! Wow.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack dgasmans post
OK, here it is. I'll reserve my comments about the dislikes.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

dgasman

Hey Jim , no problem... their wagon looks good and everyone should make it the way that makes them happy 😃.
Rich , when you said my garage is too clean, well this is how it usually looks lol....
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

dgasman

Now for a small rant. I was installing my new outside door handles and when I installed the push button they hung up . Looking at the little plate they do not sit correctly into the recess so a hour of dremeling and hand filing
They work like they are supposed to now . How is it that Ford was able to mass produced them and make them work but the aftermarket with all our modern technology and equipment can?t......
Now back to our regular scheduled program ......
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

RICH MUISE

Jim.....you know your daughter's wagon had to put a big smile on my face!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Dgasman, we have often talked about the aftermarket stuff and how a good amount of it is not of high quality or even up to the task.
We have to be thankful that some companies are specializing in our rare cars, but then again I get sick ever so often about todays standards, when a NOS part will just fit straight out of the box and work for years to come. I have observed this on several cars and brands and dozens if not hundreds or thousands of times. Best guess is to look out for original parts, or just accept the fact that reproduction parts will most always need some fiddling to make them work. Your 58 Ranchero is a super sweet car as well !

Jim, since you don't like to talk about things and we don't want to hijack this cool topic here. Just to say. It is astounding that a girl is getting into a 57 Ford at all. I guess she was just having trouble installing the repro door handles.... :003: :002: It would still be ok to discuss her car in a seperate thread, if you felt like it, lets just not ruin this nice build thread here. :002:

(edit, I posted about the wgn over in the morning coffee topic)

hiball3985

Quote from: dgasman on 2021-01-08 19:13
Hey Jim , no problem... their wagon looks good and everyone should make it the way that makes them happy 😃.
Rich , when you said my garage is too clean, well this is how it usually looks lol....
I agree, everyone has the right to do what pleases them.
X2 on the imported junk, hammer to fit, weld shut and paint to match seems to be the standard.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

dgasman

Not bad for a 64 year old door panel. Still needs some cleaning . Will be good until I finally do the interior ..
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

djfordmanjack

that looks very pretty ! Please do not replace, even if you plan on redoing the interior. that door panel has lots of character and still presents nicely ! Thats the beauty only a 60+ yo factory part can display !

djfordmanjack

I also repaired one of my old door panels, and glad I did, fits the cars character well. It's not even half as nice as yours, but good enough !

http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=6705.450

dgasman

A progress report with no pictures..... have most of the glass installed except for the driver side rear windows and windshield. The factory power windows are in and working perfectly . The back half of the car is now wired and started to finish the front half wiring. So not much to see picture wise lol....
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman