News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New From Central TX

Started by yblock57, 2020-12-30 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

KULTULZ

Quote from: yblock57 link=topic=8535.msg82057#msg82057=1609434786

Making another order from CASCO for the '57 bird now. Needed a water pump and now the list is pushing $300... the never ending urge to spend more $.

Hate to interrupt this thread but I am sure you are familiar with the 55-57 overheating problem(s). This is the newly designed CASCO WP for a Y-BLOCK BIRD? Maybe make sure you keep the core as it's ID markings will keep the car numbers correct in the future?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

57chero

I installed there water pump on my 56 bird along with a aluminum radiator.

57chero

57 Ranchero has been done for a while, so got a new project.

RICH MUISE

New project??....hell that car looks like it spent many years being a project. Gorgeous!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

That is the best looking Y-block I have ever seen, in a stunning engine compartment!
Lynn

yblock57

Sounds like a great, dependable cruiser. Probably does pretty well on gas too.
Kent

'57 Fairlaine 500 | '57 Thunderbird | '56 F-100 | '56 Crown Vic

CobraJoe

WOW! That paint really came back!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

yblock57

Quote from: KULTULZ on 2021-01-03 11:24
Hate to interrupt this thread but I am sure you are familiar with the 55-57 overheating problem(s). This is the newly designed CASCO WP for a Y-BLOCK BIRD? Maybe make sure you keep the core as it's ID markings will keep the car numbers correct in the future?

You are correct, KULTULZ. Ordered that exact pump.

Car has never overheated but does creep up in traffic. The old pump is a generic parts-house garden variety. Original one is long gone, unfortunately.
Kent

thomasso

I've been led to believe that all 56 T Birds were shipped with continental kits ( toilet seats ) to help correct the poor handling of 55s, too light on the rear. i don't like toilet seats either.  Is the assumption correct?
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

57chero

From what I understand is 55 owners complained of no trunk space so in 56 they did the continental kit and because of it they were ass end heavy and didn't handle very good so in 57 they changed the styling by lengthening the 1/4 panels which meant more trunk space to accommodate the spare tire plus luggage.

yblock57

Quote from: 57chero on 2021-01-03 17:22
I installed there water pump on my 56 bird along with a aluminum radiator.

That '56 looks great! Really like that aluminum intake and perfectly detailed engine compartment. Great job.

Detailed the '57 bird a few years ago. Black is very unforgiving. Turned out ok for a weekend warrior.

Kent

57chero

Looks really good, its a lot of work as you know getting the engine compartment dialed in. You went a lot farther than I did and it shows, on mine I cleaned it up best I could with the motor in and touched up a few areas on the inner fenders, these T-birds are a completely different animal when it comes to working on them compared to the 57 fords.