News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New From Central TX

Started by yblock57, 2020-12-30 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

yblock57

Howdy everyone! Thanks for letting me join. New to the site, but no stranger to '57's.

Grew up riding in, admiring, and helping Dad wrench on his '57 Fairlane 500 2dr HT and a couple other y-block powered Fords. These days I do most of the heavy lifting since he's had double-knee replacement.

His '57 is very original and is a great cruiser. Coral Sand/Colonial White, D-code 312 4v, Fordomatic, T&C, rear speaker, heater, padded dash & backup lights. Early production car and still had the canister oil filter in place when he bought the car in 1979. Interestingly, it didn't have the glove box emblem like most early production 312's. I've read Ford had a supply issue with the emblems.

Here's a few pics. Can't find any interior/engine shots. Have to get some better pics soon.
Kent

'57 Fairlaine 500 | '57 Thunderbird | '56 F-100 | '56 Crown Vic

57chero

That's a beautiful 57, whos 56 crown.

yblock57

Quote from: 57chero on 2020-12-30 12:23
That's a beautiful 57, whos 56 crown.

Thanks. The '56 Crown is Dad's as well. Peacock Blue/Colonial White, P-code 312, Fordomatic. Currently has the drivetrain out and getting freshened up.

Kent

57chero

I think the 55-56 Crown Vic is one of the most beautiful body styles ford ever made, never has got the recognition it deserves like the Chevys get of the same year.

yblock57

Quote from: 57chero on 2020-12-30 14:16
I think the 55-56 Crown Vic is one of the most beautiful body styles ford ever made, never has got the recognition it deserves like the Chevys get of the same year.

Absolutely, 100% agree!
Kent

lalessi1

Beautiful car(s)!!! Welcome to the forum!
Lynn

57chero

Got me thinking after seeing your 56 and 57, they sure had some nice color combinations back in the fifty's plus all the chrome and stainless not like today where you have about four choices, silver- charcoal- white- or black and no chrome, Plus all the cars today look about the same.

CobraJoe

Welcome aboard, both rides are absolutely stunning!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ford Blue blood

Welcome aboard!  Looks like an all Ford family!  Nice rides, keep the pics coming.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Welcome to the site. Super nice cars. Back in the late 60's I had my black 57 and a white 55 Crown  Victoria also.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

KULTULZ

:009:

Ya' know ....

I always thought Dolly Parton was the prettiest thing I ever saw, but this car has me now doubting that.

Absolutely beautiful!
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

yblock57

Thank y'all!

Making another order from CASCO for the '57 bird now. Needed a water pump and now the list is pushing $300... the never ending urge to spend more $.

Hope 2021 goes better for everyone. Ready to get back to normal and enjoy some car shows.

Happy New Year to everyone.
Kent

RICH MUISE

Greetings from a little further north. I love both those cars. '56 has always been my favorite Ford........but never owned one. In normal times, I do car shows in the dfw area......maybe we'll run into each other when things get back to normal. It'll be nice having someone from around the central area to give me head's-ups on car shows, etc.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

yblock57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-12-31 19:10
Greetings from a little further north. I love both those cars. '56 has always been my favorite Ford........but never owned one. In normal times, I do car shows in the dfw area......maybe we'll run into each other when things get back to normal. It'll be nice having someone from around the central area to give me head's-ups on car shows, etc.
Rich

Absolutely, Rich! Been cooped up too long. One plus side to being stuck at home so much is getting more accomplished on the cars & other projects.

Your 57 custom looks tough. What drivetrain you running?
Kent

RICH MUISE

I went new school........4.6 dohc EFI, 4r70W 4spd od tranny, had the oem rear narrowed, rebuilt w/trac-loc and 3.50 gears. Finished it about 5 years ago, have put 43k miles on it. Just a cruiser, nothing hot, but has some giddy-up.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe