News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

2 Door Hardtop door reveal clips. - Wanted

Started by 2drhrdtp57, 2021-01-16 00:40

Previous topic - Next topic

2drhrdtp57

Hello,

Along the top edge of the doors there are four clips that the reveal sits on that clip into a square hole. My car is missing these I have learned so I am on the hunt for some if any body can help with supply of these.

Regards

John
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

abe_lugo

John
Here is pic so you can confirm the part. 
The parts car I had was missing them also if it's the same part you talking about it may just be two.
Not a clip you see repopped
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

RICH MUISE

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think they are really needed. That garnish rail is a pretty rigid piece. I must say my Custom's door panels are a bit thicker than stock, not sure how much that affected my not needing them. I have no clue where the ones that were on my car are now.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

On a 2drht it is a long ways between the ends where the garnish hooks to the door.  Those clips help keep the garnish and anti-rattle in place against the glass.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KULTULZ

FORD PN B5A 7020918-A if you happen to come across them at a swap meet maybe.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

2drhrdtp57

Thanks for the replies, I think on the Hardtop as said they are going to be needed, If anyone can help with a source it would be much appreciated, any leads on wrecking yards that may have 57 hardtops in their inventory I would be keen to follow through on.

Thanks again

John
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

terry_208

L&L Classic Auto in Wendel Idaho. (208) 536-6607 might have them.  If you call them be sure you're seated.  They have a web site but I don't have it.

Try this,  www.llclassicauto.com.

I'm also sure that someone the parts supplier list that are a potential suppliers.
Terry

abe_lugo

Adding more pics I found of one.  I only think I have one and Im Missing one also.  But I may just Dan something up for mine. I just have not had a chance to pic up one of the last parts bins from my brother.  I might be full of a bunch of my missing parts

djfordmanjack

Abe, I believe these should be the same on all models, so you might not necessarily be looking for a HT only piece. I was lucky that my friend Jay from Mass gave me some of his extra parts, so I have them. You may want to reconsider these pieces anyways. the prongs usually have some caulking or such applied and tend to come loose and rattle anyways. Since these clips are not visible at all once covered with the molding, you could as well cut and bend some 19 gauge or so metal to proper shape and fasten them to the door with rivets or short bolts to make them a permanent fit.

KULTULZ

Quote from: KULTULZ on 2021-01-17 09:30

FORD PN B5A 7020918-A if you happen to come across them at a swap meet maybe.

Catalog Listing Attached -
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

abe_lugo

DJ
I'm currently not looking for some.  But wanted to illustrate them as these are not repopped.  I also seen some people ask for them in the past.  It's good to have photos for reference.  The parts car I parted had 1.  Also that car had a different garnish molding like a post coupe.  Maybe 58's and 59's have them also.