News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford Interior Light base

Started by 2drhrdtp57, 2021-01-20 03:16

Previous topic - Next topic

2drhrdtp57

My car is missing the interior light bulb holder and housing base plate, I have no idea what it looks like, I purchased a new lens and chrome surround but need the actual bulb holder base.

Regards

John
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

KULTULZ

Here is the MPC ILL -

It shows the socket as separate, no mounting plate. Could the actual mounting plate be attached to the roof panel or reinforcement?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

gasman826

plate welded right to roof support

RICH MUISE

X2 That's what I remember as well.
Note the single wire only because the ground is provided via the screw holding the socket to the roof panel. I mention that because a lot of later dome lights switch the ground (like the one I used from a 90's Crown Vic), so 2 wires would be required and care taken to isolate any screws that would provide an unwanted ground.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Could be two wires.  Some had a switch to turn the light on while inside and the doors were shut along with the door/dome wire from the light switch.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

2drhrdtp57

Yes I have two wires hanging from the roof, I think you will be correct in saying one is the door switch and the other the on off switch.

I will see if I can adapt a bulb holder from another vehicle now that I know I am not looking for something elaborate,

Again thanks for the constructive replies
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead