what engines are you folks running when using Aerostar springs?

Started by Flyby, 2021-03-22 15:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

Are any of you guys using Granada or Torino spindles with the aerostar springs?

hiball3985

I'm sure some people have. I decided against it and went with standard length springs. The Granada spindles already lover the front and Aerostars would make it too low without spacers. I just didn't like the idea of using spacers. But thats just my opinion.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Hey Mark...........My 4.6 dohc is so light I had a heck of a time getting the ride height that I was after. Looked like a gasser with new coils from Eatons, even with the dropped spindles.I did try the aerostars with my Granada spindles reamed for the 2" drop thinking my drivetrain was so light, maybe it would work for me where it didn't work for others. It didn't. Too low, I was bottoming out often. Ended up cutting some height off the new Eaton springs that were too tall initially.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

The wagon I had was Aerostar equipped with stock spindles and a 390/C6.  It sat just right, didn't bottom, but was too low for "normal" street driving.  Too many places where it would drag the chassis in a centering situation.  Loved the look, just not the constant looking for problem areas to avoid.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

My 58 has never handled to my liking, especially with a bit more tire on the car, when cornering hard, or a downhill turn. Between the stick shift ,and the handling without power steering a carthief would have to be a good driver lol. I'd like to try the aerostar coils, I am using torino spindles presently.