News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cruisermatic trans mount in my 57

Started by 40coupefan, 2021-04-09 14:44

Previous topic - Next topic

40coupefan

I bought the 57 trans mount to use in the install of my 61 Cruisermatic. The two bolt holts go to the crossmember, the tranny mount holes are 6 1/4 in. center to center. What does the transmission bolt to? Am I missing a part? Thanks 😊

Lou

I can't get to my 1961/1964 Ford Master Parts catalog, if someone has a copy they should have a exploded view of the mounting of the Cruisematic behind the 61/62 292 y-block.

59meteor

On 57-59 Fords, the transmission mount does not just bolt up to the tailhousing like on later Fords. There should be a bracket with a rubber pad that bolts to the crossmember, and then a U shaped strap that bolts to the transmission, and wraps around the rubber portion of the mount, so the tailhousing rests on the rubber pad, and the U strap holds it all in position.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

40coupefan

Does anyone sell this strap? Thanks for the information.