News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Parking brake pulley cover test 3D

Started by abe_lugo, 2021-04-12 20:45

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

Well I 3D'd my sample, see image,  anyone have a 3D printer?

Otherwise I'll wait and send it off.
I'll have a STL file, I have to decimate it, but made a small one also. Try to get a nominal file size so it snot super jagged, but is been a while since I have exported to print.

email or PM for more info.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

RICH MUISE

I'm surprised you had a sample to copy...they are almost non-existent! I made a cover from chicken wire, fleece, and por-15. Mine is more rectangular, wasn't trying to duplicate the original, just wanted a cover for a more finished look.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

I forgot to check my own car. While I was working out the brakes it was a nice surprise to see it doing it's job. 
It's made of a hard fiber.

thomasso

There is actually a flange of sorts on these covers.  Most are broken off.  Sorry i'm not home to show a picture of mine. 
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

abe_lugo

Please post the pics of the flange, mine had them worn down, I had them in the drawing, they just of look like the base with little ears, I dont think they serve a function.

OUTLAW

Check out the T-bird covers on the CASCO website. Looks like they can be modified to fit. 

abe_lugo

Thanks Outlaw!

I did notice that one is about 42 bucks.

hope fully this can work out and be posted to people that have a printer or just want to order if from a printing site.

I sent one to print, I added the flanges to it, I see the T-Bird on has larger flanges, also you can get the clip there, but 5.25? haha o well

abe_lugo

Well here it is.  I may upload the file for you guys. It's about 1/8 in taller.  I'll adjust that. 
I have to test fit it. 
I added the flange. Currently is a heat resistant simulated ABS.
If the file gets uploaded you can print it whatever you need of have access to.

thomasso

57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

abe_lugo

Test fit without having to pretzel into the footwell

I will check to see what shapeways price is on this.

lalessi1

That is very impressive. Amazing what a 3D printer can do in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. You should sell these.... I would buy one.
Lynn

abe_lugo

I'm probably going to plan on putting the file on shapeways (online 3D printing company), I'll see if there is way to do a private link, then you can just have it printed and shipped to your house. I need to check the types of printing materials and see which will last and compare to the that T-Bird one.

abe_lugo

Hi Everyone, I checked with Shapeways, they have a nylon type PA11 plastic, its about 10.00 for the part and then shipping. I dont really ahve time to set up and manage for whomever needs it, also I think there are other sides that may be cheaper. The otehr plastic called versitile plastic is 5.00 each, but the PA11 is more durable is says.

I'm willing to email the file to anyone who wants to print their own.. Also for the people in the EU, I can send you the file and you can source it locally. The wonder of the internet helps here.
I have my own parts. But I know some people can use the file.
just let me know though PM.