News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

linkage

Started by nitro3847, 2021-05-12 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro3847

I installed a c4 and a 302 in my 57 custom going to use shorty fox body headers does any one have a picture of the shift rod from the column to the trans so I can get some idea of what to make up ,any help will greatly appreciated.

abe_lugo

Here you go.  An original it's approx 18". It has a tang with the pivot. It's a 5-16 rod. But most build it out of 3/8" 

You probably need to add only a few inches past that.  I'm think like 2-3".

I'm actually converting back to column shift also.

The level on the side of the C4 need to be pointing down or 180 degrees from floor shift. That is a whole thing you might as well replace the seals while you remove it.  There are videos on YouTube on how to rotate it. 

I took a look at mine and it didn't step out( it would rub  on the case of I just flipped it) so I ordered one from an eBay seller that had these parts.  It should be getting it this week.

There is some column shift linkages like the Lokar one bit you lose the use of the mounted Neutral safety switch. You have to make the column switch work.  You would also have to use the later switch as the original switch apparently on allows starting in neutral?

Shoot a pic of you trans level so we can see.  Please update when you get it going. 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

nitro3847

Had trans rebuilt, the lever is pointed down, installed a 58 box and column with new column mounted neutral safety switch, I have a couple of rods so I can cut and weld as necessary, Thanks for the picture it will help.