News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

free parts

Started by RICH MUISE, 2021-06-30 09:36

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I'm just going to go ahead and post a copy of an email Hugh sent to me last weekend. I don't know the name of the member Hugh is picking this stuff up from, but a big thanks and kuddos to him anyway!! Also a big thanks to Hugh for his efforts and sharing for our benefit and to keep as much stuff from going to the scrappers as possible.

Hey Rich...I just heard from lone of our forum guys in New Mexico. He has a bunch of '58/'57 parts to pass on, but is not interested in selling or shipping them. He saw that I was going to be in his neck of the woods in August, and asked if I wanted the stuff. He sent me a list. I have picked out what I wanted/needed, but the rest of the stuff is good too for the most part, and if he can't give it away, he is going to send it off to the scrapper.
How about you look it over and see if you know of anyone who might need any of it? My return trip, in August, (between the 20th and the 25th) will be from his place in Las Cruces NM to Alvin's place in Billings then back to my house here in Shell Knob. I will drop/deliver to anyone who might want anything along that route. If anyone wants anything else in the collection, I will send it to them when I get home, all they need to pay for is the shipping. I would be getting it for free, so no sale from me...not fair I don't think to do that.

Here is what is on the list minus what I took off for me:

All for 57-58 Custom sedan.

57 top bows
58 fenders some rust below headlights, if you use the 57 panels below headlights, may not need any repair to the fender, except a little rust repair around the support brace.   you would have to change the 58 headlight area panel to 57.  This is a spot welded panel that is leaded over.  See Cobra Joes post on this.
58 quarter panels, will need some work on the bottom edges. overall same as 57, except trim holes.  will need the 57 rear taillight panels.  From factory, these are spot welded in and leaded over.
58 rear inner wheel well panels and trunk dropdown panels, all need work on bottom and top edge.  same as 57
58 tail panel different from 57, but fits in same space.
58 front bumper good driver.
58 headlight assy, nice chrome bezels
58 taillight assy, less red lenses
58 trunk lid good
57 vacuum wiper assy with cables
58 wiring assy
57-58 trunk brackets and springs 2 sets
57-58 passenger quarter window garnish
57 trunk and package tray sheet metal rust free, I cut this out of a parts car as one of the 57's I was thinking about building was rusted out under window due to rear window seal leaking.

if you are interested I have a 95 Mustang GT convert wiring assy with computer, and the FI assy from 302 HO.  I was thinking of using this but just couldn't get around the ugly.  Probably will go with Holley Sniper.

Later...Hugh

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

I have arrived back home...and have the parts. I will get to the act of sorting out what I am keeping from the rest hopefully this weekend and then will be able to send stuff off to those who want any of this treasure.
The list above is what is available...so if you see anything on there you want just reach out.   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Hugh, is the vacuum wiper assembly in working condition?
Thanks

Joe
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

I will check and find out. I am in Chattanooga right now. Will be home late Monday. I have all the parts in a storage unit across the pasture from the house. I will look Tuesday and call ya'.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

No rush whatsoever Hugh, thanks.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

brushwolf

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2021-09-19 19:29
I will check and find out. I am in Chattanooga right now. Will be home late Monday. I have all the parts in a storage unit across the pasture from the house. I will look Tuesday and call ya'.

May be interested in 58 front fenders. I have several sets in pretty bad shape with all front parts rusted plus rusted trailing edges, only one set in vg shape. Perhaps 58 bumper, chromed headlight bezels, maybe tail light chrome housing trim. No rush.

Thanks, Mike.
51 Victoria
55 Crown Victoria
55 Dodge Royal 2 Dr hdtp
56 Mercury Montclair 2 dr hdtp
57 Ford Sunliner
57 Ford Skyliner
57 Chev Bel Air 2 dr hdtp
57 Dodge Custom Royal 2 dr hdtp (factory hemi)
58 Ford Skyliner
58 Fairlane 500 4 dr
59 Thunderbird
60 Impala 2 dr hdtp
61 Galaxie Sunliner
62 Thunderbird