News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A time for everything, I guess

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-07-21 22:46

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I went over to Johnson auto salvage today to get a couple things I needed and to get the interior door moldings for Hugh. I hadn't been there for about 6 weeks, what a suprise.  They only have 1 57 custom left still some good parts on it, but all the rest went to the crusher . It is pretty easy to see where they were setting. they took about 5 57's and 2 58's.  Now all that is left is 2 59 fairlanes and 6 59 ranchero's. I have picked a lot of parts from these cars, I find it very sad to see the empty  spaces where they sat for so many years.

djfordmanjack

very sad news. Parts will be getting more scarce every day.

59meteor

Hate to see "old iron" go for scrap, but I suppose business is business, and if a car has been sitting a long time, and fairly well picked over, and scrap prices are high,.....
Hey Alvin, if you go there again, would you minding checking out the hoods on those 59 Fords? Commonly rotted along the lower front , just above the upper grill bar, especially at the corners. Thanks.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Rancher

There was a local hoard heavy on '50s FOMOCO -  Lincolns, Mercs, big Birds too...
Weathered and picked at for decades, but still a lot of stuff. More than fair pricing.

They always just "were" so I felt no rush. Now they're gone and as I'm trying to rake my projects into gear I can think of 101 things I should've picked.

Rancher

The pictures used to pop up now and then, whatever became of the field packed with (100s of?) '57s neatly rowed and mowed? Nebraska maybe?

alvin stadel

I am not sure, but I think the guy you are thinking of is Colby, can't remember his last name. he lives west of Gettesburg SD.  As far as I know he still has most of his cars, it has been a while since I was by there. He can be a little gruff at times but is a real nice guy.   I think these #'s are still good.

1-605-948-2224
1-605-765-2394

Rancher

That first shot is in the air anyway, the second nothing but rock salt?  :005:

alvin stadel

Time has a way of sliding by me. I got to thinking about it and when I said it had been a while  since I was there, would you believe it has been about 30 years.