News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

small help request

Started by hiball3985, 2021-07-29 11:20

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylinerRon

All 57's had the strip. There are 2 different strips, with or without factory A/C (the mouldings are different).

Ron.

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-08-22 15:39
Jim,
it is definitely an anti squeak and to make up for the gap if the dash pad isnt used. Its interesting though, that mine had it, even though it was also a factory dash pad safety option car. so I'd assume even dashpad cars had the rubber strip(s).
Pretty awkward part to deal with at the a post moldings. all seems like an afterthought as the rubber strip will neither go under the A post molding, nor slip on in any way. Possibly the oem rubber had a molded end to work better in that area. Generally speaking I think the repro rubber is a good fit and material, but those ends are hideous.
Mine looks similar to Lynns.
I did this once before but where it goes under the A pillar just didn't look right so this is going to be my second attempt  :005:. I didn't have the original to look at to see how it goes under or if there is something different about the ends. I wish we had video of how they did it at the factory.. Yours at least has the chrome molding that hides some of it, I don't have that.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang