News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

column mods for Borgenson box

Started by RICH MUISE, 2021-08-05 20:00

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Hey Borgenson users: It was mentioned on the Hamb that a column shift will not work with a Borgenson box, a floor shifter is necessary. True??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

For manual no, auto columns can be modified to work.  Did it once a few years ago.....before I got my little camera....so no pics...sorry.

The box moves everything up into the floor (almost) and requires making a sketchy looking extension of the shift arm....but it worked well.  I used a coupler they sell that has the isolator contained in it.  Long but it takes less room then the rag joint.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2021-08-06 08:48
For manual no,
Meaning no, it won't work with a manual column shift, or no,not true that it won't work.
I know you have a later model column and box, not Borgenson.
Thanks Bill....have a safe trip home Monday.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Yes, no means the linkage for the manual will not work.

Safe and uneventful trip home, left Pardeeville,WI at 6.30 AM and hit the house at 7.15 PM.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

terry_208

Glad you had a safe trip! According to my google that's a 12 hour 24 minute drive.  You made great time!
Terry

Ford Blue blood

Trip was uneventful aside from the pouring rain from Madison to just north of Bloomington/Normal.  Max 60 MPH.

Drivers in Nashville are NUTS!  Road along in the HOV lane at a comfortable 80, got passed by every vehicle on the road.  They bob and weave like they are on fire!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero